Car Insurance

nevsm

Lots of posts on expensive car insurance costs in Aus .When we moved here 3.5 years ago our rego/CTP plus fully comprehensive insurance was half the price of road tax and fully comp insurance in UK. Clearly it will be different in every state and the exchange rate has changed but just thought it was worth posting this as cars are a big expense and lots of posts on car insurance being more expensive and it has not been our experience, about to have to insure a 16 year old - might be a different story.

Guest chris955

It's another of those subjects with so many variables. Registration and CTP for our people mover is around $750 a year and insurance around $450. Our little town car is around $550 and $350. Depending on the vehicle, your age, driving record, area you live it can be cheaper or more expensive. I have been quoted well over $800 by some of the bigger names such as NRMA.

As you made the comparison, if I had the same town car in the UK the road tax would be about 100 pounds ($200) and insurance around 250 pounds ($500). The big difference is in the UK there are incentives to drive smaller, more economical cars. I really wish they would introduce something similar here.

Archived