Solar Hot Water in Perth!

laurab1987

Hi all, me and my family are seriously considering moving to Perth. We are going to spend a couple of months out there early in 2011 to see if we like it and where we would like to live etc but we are getting a little worried about all the negative things written about plumbing and gas fitters in OZ!! My OH is a fully qualified C&G heating engineer in the Uk and has 20 years experience, 6 of these years running his own business which is really successful. He also has done a solar heating course and he thinks that this will be his best bet at getting work in Oz. Does anyone know if Solar heating is big over there? Also do you think he will find work easily? He would like to be self employed again, I understand he will have to do some tests and get his licence before this will be possible.

We have a young son and would take some savings with us but obviously would need to start earning soon after arriving. I am a part qualified accountant but was planning on gaining my chartered qualification when we get to Oz so probably wont be earning a huge amount straight away!!

Any help would be much appreciated : )

Archived