820 Visa statements

Guest MarkChris

Guest MarkChris

Hi there,

We are both new to Poms in Oz. I am aussie and my partner is a pom. He's been here for almoste twelve months and we are in the process of putting together our application for the 820 visa. We are writing our statements and they both seem very long winded. Any advice on how much detail is required for partner statements?

Cheers!

Both myself and my husband both wrote like a story of how, when and were we met and how are relationship progressed included all key dates, we made it more like a story than just key dates and info and we wrote them separately so they didn't sound exactly the same their were from each others perspective of things

Hope this helps

Laura

:biggrin:

Hi there,

We are both new to Poms in Oz. I am aussie and my partner is a pom. He's been here for almoste twelve months and we are in the process of putting together our application for the 820 visa. We are writing our statements and they both seem very long winded. Any advice on how much detail is required for partner statements?

Cheers!

You've only been defacto for twelve months there can't be that may key facts.. I'd stick to the areas that you're told to cover in the partner booklet : 1127.pdf (application/pdf Object) :biggrin: I've been with my parter for a decade and we only wrote a single joint statement that ran to a page and half of typed A4.

Guest MarkChris

Hi again,

Thank you both for your help:biggrin: We have been together longer than 12 months it just took a while for us to be in a position to live in the same residence. We have been looking at the 1127 for guidance but were wondering if anyone could share their experiences with their statements. I guess we are concerned that if there isn't enough detail our application it may be refused. Thanks again for your help. C & M

It depends on how much detail you can fill in for each section. If you can do a coupole of paragraphs on each item it should be good enough. I think mine was about 2 typed pages long and the OH about a page. mention everything you can - holidays, who does what around the house, who does shopping , mention if you have joint bank accounts, bills, mortgage, rent etc and send copies with your application (We even had annotations highlighted where we could remember them (eg, money for a meal out).

Dont rely on 2 statements from other people too (as long as 2 are Aussie citizens). we had 6 statements from family and friends all no longer than a page but I think having more helped.

Its a pain getting everything together but as long as you are honest i dont think they mind.

Archived