When will SMPs be out?

zecevi

On the states` websites it says October. Is it real or they keep postponing it? Before it said on the sites August and September. Some agents have said here December or early next year.

Cant find any substantial info online so decided to ask here.

Guest dragsterwish
On the states` websites it says October. Is it real or they keep postponing it? Before it said on the sites August and September. Some agents have said here December or early next year.

Cant find any substantial info online so decided to ask here.

Seriously mate, that's the most pressing question over the mind of all the SS holders plus those awaiting SMP since 8th Feb 2010 when SMP was announced. But we are none the wiser till today. Only DIAC knows when it will be released. Even the States govt have difficulty affirming the date coz DIAC keeps shifting the release date!

The latest hearsay release date is in October 2010. We wouldn't be surprise if this date gets postponed again though it seems from all the calls & emails made to the State govt & DIAC that the SMPs are ready to be released and just awaiting sign-off formality. So, Oct seems quite likely. But with DIAC, who knows!?!?! ; )

SMP seems like a mirage in the desert! The closer you get, the further it seems!

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi zeveci

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

As the other posters have said, the whole thing is so confused that nobody knows when the SMPs might be published.

On Monday 13th September 2010, DIAC called a meeting at Australia House in London. Representatives from the State Governments that have offices in London were invited to attend, as were migration agents (both registered and unregistered) in the UK.

I don't know whether anyone else was invited and although the DIAC people in London have met me, know who I am, know about Poms in Oz etc, they also know that I am not a migration agent. Where appropriate, I simply introduce the person with the query to DIAC's senior people in London and then leave the original questioner and DIAC to sort the rest out by themselves. I don't want to get involved with the details because I don't consider them to be any business of mine. (Plus I would not have bothered with a trip to London that day because I live 70 miles away from London and the delays with forming the new Government, announcing the new Minister for Immi etc meant that there would be little or nothing that the DIAC people in London would know that was not already on the public boards of Poms in Oz.)

A Poms in Oz member is represented by an unregistered migration agent in the UK, who went to the meeting in London. She then discussed the meeting with her client who discussed it with me. It is all very third-hand, therefore.

I don't think that all of the Aussie State Governments have offices in London. I know that WA and SA do have them. I think the ACT might have an office in London as well but I do not know about any of the other States.

According to the third-hand information passed to me, Reps from the ACT and WA attended this meeting. Apparently the WA Rep thought that WA's SMP should be published by mid-October. I am told that the ACT Rep said that the ACT's SMP would probably not be published before December 2010. If any other State Govt Reps were present, I don't know which State(s) they were from or what (if anything) they might have said.

The Reps in London are obviously talking to the relevant people from their own States in Australia but apart from that it is all very vague.

Cheers

Gill

Hi zeveci

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

Gill

Hi Gill,

Is it than possible that states might publish SMPs at different times? How does the priority processing function than? Imagine WA comes out with their SMP alone and than 2nd category sponsored by WA gets priority, all other sponsored are on hold and what happens to 3rd category who are not WA residents (onshore) or are offshore applicants? Is this 3rd category than still processed with priority or not?

It s all too confusing.

Hi zeveci

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

As the other posters have said, the whole thing is so confused that nobody knows when the SMPs might be published.

On Monday 13th September 2010, DIAC called a meeting at Australia House in London. Representatives from the State Governments that have offices in London were invited to attend, as were migration agents (both registered and unregistered) in the UK.

I don't know whether anyone else was invited and although the DIAC people in London have met me, know who I am, know about Poms in Oz etc, they also know that I am not a migration agent. Where appropriate, I simply introduce the person with the query to DIAC's senior people in London and then leave the original questioner and DIAC to sort the rest out by themselves. I don't want to get involved with the details because I don't consider them to be any business of mine. (Plus I would not have bothered with a trip to London that day because I live 70 miles away from London and the delays with forming the new Government, announcing the new Minister for Immi etc meant that there would be little or nothing that the DIAC people in London would know that was not already on the public boards of Poms in Oz.)

A Poms in Oz member is represented by an unregistered migration agent in the UK, who went to the meeting in London. She then discussed the meeting with her client who discussed it with me. It is all very third-hand, therefore.

I don't think that all of the Aussie State Governments have offices in London. I know that WA and SA do have them. I think the ACT might have an office in London as well but I do not know about any of the other States.

According to the third-hand information passed to me, Reps from the ACT and WA attended this meeting. Apparently the WA Rep thought that WA's SMP should be published by mid-October. I am told that the ACT Rep said that the ACT's SMP would probably not be published before December 2010. If any other State Govt Reps were present, I don't know which State(s) they were from or what (if anything) they might have said.

The Reps in London are obviously talking to the relevant people from their own States in Australia but apart from that it is all very vague.

Cheers

Gill

Noticed this update today in ACT web

2010/2011 ACT State Migration Plan (SMP) Skills List.

It is expected that the 2010/2011 SMP Skills List will be published in October 2010 when the ACT State Migration Plan is announced.

Business and Industry Development - Skilled Migration

Don't know whether this is "just another" update which lead us nowhere :goofy: Hope Wish & Pray that it'll not be!:cool:

Guest dragsterwish

I read this article on The Australian today(24/9). It says that the agenda for the Parliament sitting next week would comprise housekeeping bills left over from the previous parliament. Would this include the endorsement of the SMP? Though i don't think so since SMP isn't a legislative bill. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Angry PM Julia Gillard to govern by one vote

• Dennis Shanahan, Political editor
  • September 24, 2010 12:00AM

PREPARATIONS for the new parliament next week have descended into bitter recriminations amid Labor being forced to govern with a one-seat majority.

The fate of the Speaker of the house and of government support remained unresolved last night after the Prime Minister said the Opposition Leader had broken his word about parliamentary reform.

Three issues - a carbon tax; euthanasia, which is being championed by the Greens; and overturning the Queensland government's wild rivers legislation, which is being put up by the Coalition - threaten to create early pressure on the minority Labor government.

The government's legislative agenda largely comprises housekeeping bills left over from the previous parliament, which Ms Gillard said would not make "the 6pm news bulletins" but would help people's lives over time.

Ms Gillard said the government would introduce more than 40 bills when parliament resumed, including laws increasing penalties for threatening air security, establishing a preventive health agency, introducing merit-selection processes for the ABC and SBS boards and a staff-selected director for the ABC board.

Guest dragsterwish
Noticed this update today in ACT web

2010/2011 ACT State Migration Plan (SMP) Skills List.

It is expected that the 2010/2011 SMP Skills List will be published in October 2010 when the ACT State Migration Plan is announced.

Business and Industry Development - Skilled Migration

Don't know whether this is "just another" update which lead us nowhere :goofy: Hope Wish & Pray that it'll not be!:cool:

At least there's more news from the States about SMP now! I like it the way ACT uses the phase:

"ACT STATE MIGRATION PLAN (SMP) -SKILLS IN DEMAND LIST (SDL)

The ACT State Migration Plan (SMP) - Skills in Demand List (SDL) identifies occupations that are currently in demand in Canberra. The occupations listed do not relate to a specific job vacancy, nor represent a guarantee of a job in a specific occupation"

It sounds just like the previous ACT Skill in Demand list!! Thus, hopefully the SMP comprises the some of the new SOL skills plus the entire OLD Skill in Demand list under the old State Sponsorship programme! :jiggy:

Good luck everyone!

I read this article on The Australian today(24/9). It says that the agenda for the Parliament sitting next week would comprise housekeeping bills left over from the previous parliament. Would this include the endorsement of the SMP? Though i don't think so since SMP isn't a legislative bill. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Angry PM Julia Gillard to govern by one vote

• Dennis Shanahan, Political editor

• September 24, 2010 12:00AM

PREPARATIONS for the new parliament next week have descended into bitter recriminations amid Labor being forced to govern with a one-seat majority.

The fate of the Speaker of the house and of government support remained unresolved last night after the Prime Minister said the Opposition Leader had broken his word about parliamentary reform.

Three issues - a carbon tax; euthanasia, which is being championed by the Greens; and overturning the Queensland government's wild rivers legislation, which is being put up by the Coalition - threaten to create early pressure on the minority Labor government.

The government's legislative agenda largely comprises housekeeping bills left over from the previous parliament, which Ms Gillard said would not make "the 6pm news bulletins" but would help people's lives over time.

Ms Gillard said the government would introduce more than 40 bills when parliament resumed, including laws increasing penalties for threatening air security, establishing a preventive health agency, introducing merit-selection processes for the ABC and SBS boards and a staff-selected director for the ABC board.

Visa capping bill was a left over :cry: OMG :arghh:

Guest couasnon

I have been applying for a visa for almost three years! Our residency application is filled and hopefully ready to be lodged... then to be told, that a State Sponsorship would be the quickiest way of getting into Oz...that was 16 months ago! 12th of June 2010 we got our WA Sponsership as my trade was on the SOl listing, but we needed the papers to be approved by DIAC,but then to be told that we had to wait for the Elections as they might have to realise the new listings (which i was totally confused as WA have said they wanted us??) Now we are getting told more delays and more delays, i am getting very frustrated as my life feels like its in libo. We had an offer on our house and could not refuse it, cause of the way the market is today. So my family and i are renting accomadation till we hear further notice from the visa beaura. I am in two minds weather to buy a place in the UK as getting very unpatient, but i think we have waited this long and surely it can not be any longer. I am giving it till next summer and then have to think of plan B. I hope we hear some good news soon, as my patients are running out. Has any one else had the same problems??

Hi Lankan,

Thanks for sharing. Correction, the site says it will be there after 18th Oct..... Phew.... 10 days makes a lot of difference!

Cheers!

Yes ! sorry for the mistake! I was overwhelmed by dates :wub:

Archived