First entry on spouse/PR visa

kirra

Hi

My husbands spouse/PR application is currently with the Australian High Comm being considered. In November this year we have a holiday booked to Australia and my husband hopes to activate his visa then (assuming we have it).

as ill be arriving in sydney a few weeks before him with our children ill be bringing the luggage, which means he will just have an overnight bag with him - so barely any luggage.

just wondering if customs might think hes odd acticating a PR visa with no luggage? also, do you get a bit of a grilling by customs on first entry, esp if hes just turning up for a holiday at first? (we wont be ready to MOVE to australia for a few yrs maybe)

Im an aussie born n bred and my kids have aussie passports - so sorting out the old mans visa has been long over due! :laugh:

thanks!

Guest siamsusie
Hi

My husbands spouse/PR application is currently with the Australian High Comm being considered. In November this year we have a holiday booked to Australia and my husband hopes to activate his visa then (assuming we have it).

as ill be arriving in sydney a few weeks before him with our children ill be bringing the luggage, which means he will just have an overnight bag with him - so barely any luggage.

just wondering if customs might think hes odd acticating a PR visa with no luggage? also, do you get a bit of a grilling by customs on first entry, esp if hes just turning up for a holiday at first? (we wont be ready to MOVE to australia for a few yrs maybe)

Im an aussie born n bred and my kids have aussie passports - so sorting out the old mans visa has been long over due! :laugh:

thanks!

Your husband will be fine, he will have his Visa (hopefully) and basically that is the most important thing. Many people just come over for a very short period for activation purposes only... Very best wishes Susie x

He shouldn't have any problems, especially if he has a PR visa by then. He is free to come and go as often as he wants, so they are less interested than if he was on a tourist visa and was brining everything including the kitchen sink...that looks like he's coming to live when his visa doesn't let him!

When did he apply for the visa? Is it likely to be approved by then? If not, he will still be able to enter on a tourist visa, but he'll need to leave again for the partner visa to be granted.

Archived