Opinions on Art and design in Mt Martha

Guest MelissaC

Guest MelissaC

Hello,

this may be an unusual post, but I'll never know if you dont ask!

My hubby and I are thinking about moving to Mt Martha from Melbourne.

I am a graphic designer and artist and work for myself. I wanted to know if there is an art and design interest and appreciation or focus in Mt Martha as I am wanting to run an exhibiton of my work and run an art class for children.

Any opionions would be greatley appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Ps I really hope we can move!... Depends of finding the right land/house and land opportunity at a comfortable price!

There are quite a few art galleries around the area and there are artists who live in the area as well. Not sure about the interest, I guess if we are interested in a subject we know a lot about it.

I like glass so I know there is the Gordon Studio in Red Hill.

I think you would need to get established wherever you go and best to approach a few galleries and discuss your questions with them. So have a google around. A lot of arty stuff is word of mouth.

Guest juliemtaylor

Hi,

There is a gallery near me in Mornington, MPRG - Mornington Peninsula Regional Gallery

also lots of local galleries and arty stores, community centres have various activities on, e.g community1 in Mount Martha. Community One - Mount Martha, Mornington Peninsula, Dromana

I guess you will have a look at them all when you get here.

Julie x

Archived