Perth City Library

chalkyhill

Hiya

I've had a search in these forums and on Google but can't find any info on public libraries outside of the Perth metro area.

Can anyone tell me if there are libraries in the Secret Harbour/Warnbro/Waikiki area please?

They are expensive here (I think they have GST added but not sure), KMart and Big W are good for books, I also order from Book depository in the UK - free delivery to Aus (although I'm sure the delivery is hidden in the price of the book), but still cheaper. I also go to shops where you can swop books, you have to spend a minimal amount (depending on how many you take back), but you can generally pick up lots of latest realeases

To be honest I couldn't recommend one over the other. A few pieces of advice I can give:

don't worry about wifi - you won't want to browse with them because their limited graphics

don't believe the battery life - the bumf will say so many thousands of page turns but it will really be 10% of that number

get one with a memory card slot - once you discover the multitude of "free" sources on the web you'll go download mad

they are very easy on the eyes - but you can't see anything in the dark so you might want to look into a screen light

Overall I'm very glad I bought mine. I haven't touched a real book in months.

Hope that helps you

To be honest I couldn't recommend one over the other. A few pieces of advice I can give:

don't worry about wifi - you won't want to browse with them because their limited graphics

don't believe the battery life - the bumf will say so many thousands of page turns but it will really be 10% of that number

get one with a memory card slot - once you discover the multitude of "free" sources on the web you'll go download mad

they are very easy on the eyes - but you can't see anything in the dark so you might want to look into a screen light

Overall I'm very glad I bought mine. I haven't touched a real book in months.

Hope that helps you

See the kindle supports pdf, epub etc which can all be transferred by usb.

Pretty much all of them use USB for transfers (and charging). The memory card is for extra storage, which is pretty much essential if you get one that plays MP3s.

Yeah, I don't listen to music on my ebook reader either, I use my Shuffle for that.

But having an e-reader is brilliant. It weighs as much as a small paperback and holds hundreds of books.

But it is no good for the nipper, which is why I am looking for libraries.

Archived