moving with animals

Guest staciej

Guest staciej

hi there we are currently going through the visa process and have come to a stand still my vet has told me that there are several areas where you cannot walk dogs or let cats out anyone got any advise ? where is the best place to live with animals??:wacko:

Guest Vicki
hi there we are currently going through the visa process and have come to a stand still my vet has told me that there are several areas where you cannot walk dogs or let cats out anyone got any advise ? where is the best place to live with animals??:wacko:

Hi Stacie,

Great question! Try the website below, from the Life Be In It people, they publish two great books 'Walkies' which goes through all the municipalities in Melbourne and describes dog 'off lead' parks, and 'Holidays with dogs' which lists caravan parks, cottages, cabins, B&Bs etc which take dogs. Don't have a cat so not sure what to offer there!

holidayingwithdogs.com.au/walkies_in_victoria.htm

I have a much-beloved dog and couldn't bear to leave her behind if I migrated!

Hope this helps,

Vicki

Dr Vicki Clayton

Migration Adviser (MARN: 0531177)

AusArrivals Immigration Agency

Guest DALE&JO

Hi there! Dilema i agree as my naughty but cute puppy will allways be with me. Truly haven`t heard of any where that you can`t take your animals in australia!!!!!!!!

Confused I`m sure!!

I'm sure I've seen on here somewhere that if you have more than 2 dogs you need some sort of permit, not sure though. We're taking our 2 little dogs. More worried about not being able to rent somewhere cos of them, than anything else

Bec x

Guest monty

Hi Stacie,

We are also emmigrating with our three small cavalier king charles spaniels, Alfie, Poppy and Monty. And I had the same concerns however if you go on the local council websites for the areas you want to live and click on dogs or animal bye laws. I went on Adelaide Hills. All dogs have to be registered with the local authority the amount you pay is reduced if the dog is microchipped, neutered/ speyed and you have proof that he has been to dog obedience classes. Its not a huge amount to pay can't remember the figure off the top of my head. I know its annual an you can do it on line. Your dogs get a tag so if they are picked up wandering you can be notified.

If you have more than one dog you have to write to request permission to keep another, so that will apply to me and mine. The warden will inspect the property to ensure that garden is fenced in and check with neighbours re nuisance barking etc. The finding property to rent bit is a bit tricky we are looking for somewhere basic and unfurnished to rent short-term while we look around to buy. If we choose a more rural area outside of a township boundary some byelaws don't apply regarding more than one pet. Some landlords charge extra on the bond to cover any damage that may occur. Bsically if you are aresponsible pet owner and your animals are not causing a nuisance you'll be okay.

Hope this helps

donna

Guest monty

Hi Stacie,

We are also emmigrating with our three small cavalier king charles spaniels, Alfie, Poppy and Monty. And I had the same concerns however if you go on the local council websites for the areas you want to live and click on dogs or animal bye laws. I went on Adelaide Hills. All dogs have to be registered with the local authority the amount you pay is reduced if the dog is microchipped, neutered/ speyed and you have proof that he has been to dog obedience classes. Its not a huge amount to pay can't remember the figure off the top of my head. I know its annual and you can do it on line. Your dogs get a tag so if they are picked up wandering you can be notified.

If you have more than one dog you have to write to request permission to keep another, so that will apply to me and mine. The warden will inspect the property to ensure that garden is fenced in and check with neighbours re nuisance barking etc. The finding property to rent bit is a bit tricky we are looking for somewhere basic and unfurnished to rent short-term while we look around to buy. If we choose a more rural area outside of a township boundary some byelaws don't apply regarding more than one pet. Some landlords charge extra on the bond to cover any damage that may occur. Basically if you are aresponsible pet owner and your animals are not causing a nuisance you'll be okay.

Hope this helps

donna

Archived