Ielts SS dilemma, advice needed

Malbec

Hi

I'm planning to apply for SS to get a 176 visa offshore.

I recently received my ielts result sheet and have scores of 8 or above in every band, except for writing. I got a 6.5 there. I'm going to appeal that band score and hope to gain a .5 increase, although I know it takes 6 weeks and there's a chance I get a rejection.

The question is: will the SS or the 176 application be delayed/rejected if I send the SS application with a copy of the current results and my score gets increased later on?

Any agents or experienced members care to advice?

Cheers

Guest Jo and Dave

Hi there, if you get OK scores in all sections except 1 then it AUTOMATICALLY gets re-marked BEFORE it is issued to you, My wife had a very similar situation and I checked their website and spoke to them, they told me it was or had already been re-marked to ensure it was correct so a change in score is HIGHLY unlikely. IELTS is a complete sham if you ask me ESPECIALLY the reading part, even if you dont use an effing capital letter or the punctuation is even slightly differrent you get marked down, I have taken test papers repeatedly and get a very, very different result often, i am sure there is a better way than this to assess an english person's english ability. I have spoken to countless migration agents, seen many, many posts on this and other forums, it is not a mere coincedence that so many people are failing this test, surely then either as a nation the english in general are pretty dumb OR the test is FLAWED, I guess you just have to keep taking the damn test until it is passed, also why can't you just re-sit the failed element ??? That is just as dumb as the test itself ???http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/images/smilies/goofy.gif

Archived