****update****

kellyjamie

Morning all,

So this is the update of what all i can call a complete and utter farcial cockup by WA DCS.

I emailed the manager of the job two days ago to tell him migration info and some other stuff which i invaluably received from Gill.

I received a reply from a Senior Recruitment Officer this morning stating as far as im concerned a tonne of B.S. They are saying that their process in employing migrants has gradually changed since the turn of the year as they no longer need to due to the economic downturn. They apologised that the error was not picked up earlier, and then tried to blame us for not contacting the nominated branch to check in the first place! I am surprisingly not really upset i am more disgusted and peeved off to be honest. We feel totally and utterly scunnered with this whole situation:sad:

Maybe you can refer to David Wilden. I know he didnt assist with this but under the circumstances he might help with your current application. Or right a letter of complaint to the local Centre of Excellence about the company that offered you the job so they dont do it again.

Good luck

yep thats the plan, gill gave me some email addresses so i plan to complain to

David Wilden

Sue Harcus

Chris Evans as minister for WA

Ombudsman

Christian Porter minister for DCS

i expect nothing but to ensure this happens never again to any other poor idiot :realmad:x

At the moment hun i feel like jacking it all in booking a holiday to Florida and getting on with my life BUT its not in my nature and for the fact we have been to Brisbane and have best friends there we know exactly what were missing, so.....

we have only 2 options

1. hope and pray if these SMPs ever see the light of day we are one of them, but highly doubt it

2. take the biggest risk of all use all our collateral in the house head out on a student visa and pray to god jamie can get an employer to sponsor him once hes in front of them and working? This is risky i understand but thats me i am a total risk taker both feet in live for he moment type of person.

we could just apply for a vis and sit in position 4 but whats the chances of those visas ever ever being processed?? pretty much none. if i thought i could settle here i would just put it out my head but its just not happnin, and the thought of trying to train as something else here... jamie could maybe try and do an open degree in social work not tlooked into that yet?

Hi Kelly,

I wish I had some useful advice for you but all I can tell you is that I wish you the best of luck and will keep my fingers crossed for you. I admire your determination and I reckon you've got plenty enough to get you right where you want to be. :hug:

Guest Pixie10

Hi I've been following your ups and own and just wanted to say how bad I feel for you. I can't imagine what you both must feel now and i know its easy for me to say but please keep trying to get to Oz and good luck how ever you do it.

I'm a bit of a risk taker too and we are thinking of a similarly mad plan of going out with no jobs and hoping OH gets sponsored.

Disgusted at how you have been treated and hope it all works out- keep us updated.:hug:

Archived