new canberra arrival

Guest brizziebound

Guest brizziebound

Hi,

After years of planning and the ups and downs of the visa application, I will finally be in Canberra on September 6th, I am going on my own for 7 weeks then once employment and a rental are sorted out I am flying back to uk for daughters 21st and to pick up mrs brizziebound.

I have secured a room in a lovely house in Ainslie, which i am looking forward to moving into, I have sorted a rental car for a couple of weeks whilst i look around the garages to see what i can pick up.

so just want to know is there anything going on in canberra such as festivals or events that I shouldn't miss out on or are there any meet ups planned during september/ october,if so let me know, and i will pop along.

Cheers,

martin.

Floriade starts in September and there are usually a load of things to do while that is on. Program can be found here Floriade

There is also a weekly used car market at Natex (the showgrounds) and a weekly farmers market out there as well so two birds with one stone.

In Ainslie you will be able to walk to town (about 40 mins tops from the northern most part of Ainslie) and also to Dickson (Chinatown type restaurants) and Ainslie shops (two nice restaurants and a takeaway) with quite big suburban supermarket.

It's likely to still be freezing so bring your damart thermals!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jonpcraven

Hi Martin

Congrats on the move down to Canberra! I am trying to organise a meet up at the Wig and Pen (Google the address- Im not sure of it by heart) on Wed 22 September at 7.00, and would love to meet you there, if you are around. We are in Dickson, so just a suburb over from you!

Let me know if you are coming on the 22nd.

Cheers

Guest brizziebound

cheers quoll and jonpcraven, have been busy past week or so,and have not had a look at pio,went to the raiders game up in brisbane,on friday fantastic stadium and a good result for the raiders,

arrrived in canberra this afternoon and have now unpacked and have got everything organised for my white card health and safety test tomorrow,early start the course begins at 7.30 am.

jon, yes, i will pop to the wig and pen on 22nd september, would be good to meet a few people.will look it up, it cannot be that hard to find.let me know if anything changes.

cheers quoll i will look into all the places you mentioned,thanks for letting me know about them, you were right about the thermals in fact have them on now.Brisbane must have softened me up.

Martin,

Guest brizziebound

cheers for that, was down that way today and never noticed it, suppose too many new places to look at and take in, will be there .

martin

Guest brizziebound

see you are in dickson, is that the area with all the restaraunts and the irish pub with the steak cafe,been down a couple of times this week , not a bad place to go when your hungary ,

Archived