Anyone know about child visa's ?

lsbc1976

Well im now 28 weeks pregnant and still waiting for our RSMS visa. In 7 weeks i cant fly and bubs will be born in the uk.

After that one of 2 scenarios will happen

1. Visa will still not be granted so we will have a mad rush to get birth certificate and passport and medicals so he can be added to our visa application asap.

2. Visa will have been granted and he will need a child visa (more likely as it costs more money :laugh:)

So ive had a look and there is a 101 offshore and an 802 onshore, questions are

1. If we are in the uk when he is born and the visa has been granted are we premenant residents yet and can we sponsor him from here?

2. If not and we have to be in oz to sponsor him, what do we do with him? Hang him on the back of a door at the airport until his visa clears?

3. How long does a child visa take

Hi,

I have been granted permanent residency before my son was born. After he was born I had to apply on seperate application form and pay $1000 and medical check up too but no x-ray, you will also need police check too and they can not be older than few months. Police check takes few weeks to come trough so do it as soon as you can. If you call Australian comission they are very good at explaining which paperwork you need to fill in, you do not need agent as it is easy to do it yourself.

When I applied I have sent them a letter saying that we sold the house and are ready to go in two months time ( yes you can sponsor him form UK). It took 4 weeks for his visa to get sorted, they process childrens visas as a priority especilay if parents have visasas already. You just need to make appointment as soon as you can with doctors for checkup because sometimes there are long waiting lists.

Good luck with everything and I hope this helps.

Well im now 28 weeks pregnant and still waiting for our RSMS visa. In 7 weeks i cant fly and bubs will be born in the uk.

After that one of 2 scenarios will happen

1. Visa will still not be granted so we will have a mad rush to get birth certificate and passport and medicals so he can be added to our visa application asap.

2. Visa will have been granted and he will need a child visa (more likely as it costs more money :laugh:)

So ive had a look and there is a 101 offshore and an 802 onshore, questions are

1. If we are in the uk when he is born and the visa has been granted are we premenant residents yet and can we sponsor him from here?

2. If not and we have to be in oz to sponsor him, what do we do with him? Hang him on the back of a door at the airport until his visa clears?

3. How long does a child visa take

Hi,

This is a useful query when the wait is long n long.Appreciate.

Thanks

Archived