Criminal Record Question

Guest Captain Cucumber

If I go it will be for about 1 or 2 weeks and it would be for work so I would request an ETA. I do not know exactly what I was charged with, so Im not sure if they scheduled court or something. I seem to remember it was just a fine but I can't be sure as they did made me spend 3 hours or so in a holding cel. They only took my picture and my details and let me sit in a holding cel and then let me go. Stupidly I left without looking into it. Do you think there is any chance I won't have any problems in obtaining entry or is that out of the question at this point?

Hard one seeing as you dont know what the outcome was. You could have been sentenced in your absence & given another sentence for jumping bail OR it could have been nothing and you were never charged!

Jumping bail is quite serious, shows bad character and you really need to know the details so you can either declare them on applying for a visa or the landing card. Both of which is very important because being truthful shows good character. But you dont want to declare something that does not exist! Not declaring then doing so later in another application, say for PR, wouldnt go down well with DIAC!

You might need to apply for an Aus police check to see if there is anything on it. http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/police-checks.aspx

Archived