Share Your Top Job Finding Tips - Please

Herbster

Hello Successful Job Hunters!:Randy-git:

Could you please share some VITAL tips on tracking down & securing an ideal job - or at least one you have a TRA for - or even one that will pay the bills - or possibly the one which will set you off on that path to your PERFECT dream job...

What should we be doing from this side of the pond?

We are post successful TRA & acknowledgment of Independent Skilled Visa App! States in running: Tassie, SA & maybe SW Vic - somewhere seasonal & not inner city!

Useful more unusual? Websites??

How to spot potential employers?? Where are they?

What do Aussies Employers expect?

What do they hate about Pommie workers - if anything?

What are labor conditions like?

Are there areas truly desperate for Skills, how do we find them?

What sort of wage can we xpect compared to home & existing Aussie workers? ie are they allowed to pay us less for doing the same job?

And anything else we & our fellow job hunters are not aware of,

Thank you PIO YR ALL STARS!

Herbster Bear

(He's dancing in the sunshine at the moment & considering a picnic... but he'll have to be quick as it could rain again any second! But at least it's 17C WOW!!

Will this bear ever get to picnic this summer??? Will his coat turn musty from the perpetual rain? Will he ever met his Antipodean cousin, Fernster Bear? So many questions - so little time; poor TED!)

:wub:

Guest jay richards

Hi please tell what is a blue card never heard of it hubby joiner tra success worried now !!!!!!!!!!

Guest kat25

Hi we are just at the TRA stage and decided to test the water, so went online and found a list of Panel beaters in and around Perth and emailed them a copy of my OH CV, 4 came back asking us to get in touch as soon as we landed and another 2 offered him a job outright once he got there - it may be worth a try.

Guest KP Nuts

Blue Dog Training......................

Oh I am seriously sorry i dont mean to make light of things especialy health and safety on site, but this card the way you get approval for it is so sad.

I purposely got some wrong an was sent back a couple of questions to start again, then 1 come up i really did'nt have a clue on, " what is the maximum height you can use a single ladder at, " now not having worked over there i had to guess, but thinking i'm a roofer and thinking that the ladder i have on my van, can extend to 8.4m (can ya guess) i put 4m, X wrong, 4.2, X wrong.

Well it went on a bit then i remembered the little hint thing at the bottom and, it gave me the answer, Doh, why dont i use it for every answer......... well anyway got bored with it, but was fun while it lasted.

Good idea though but i think they seriously need to change there way of assessing people, whats the point of having something that tells people that you are sensible when THEY gave you all the answers.

Mr KP Nut. 363p.gif

Ps. sorry for being a grump but some peep's have taken my fun away.

23_11_62.gif23_11_55.gif

Archived