RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Hi everybody,

My wife's employer submitted our 857 nomination, last week. We are ready to submit our visa application now too but are considering waiting for until the nomination is approved. Anyone with any experience on whether submitting in stages like that adds a heap of time onto the total processing time?

It didnt seem to slow mine application down at all. I didnt however wait until the nomination was approved, my nomination and visa were approved/granted on the same day.

My visa was RSMS 119.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Chris&Mel,

Have you calmed down any yet or are you still floating!!

Made any decisions about flights etc?

Karen

Not calmed down yet, its been hectic since the visa was granted as were not expecting it to be granted this early.

We have have done nothing but decorate since as we need to get the house on the market, got some builders in this week to do some minor jobs and then we will take it from there.

Sorry to jumpin here ,,just going through the horrible waiting time as u all no about ,,we had lodged on 4 nov all complete ,got acknowledge ment 21 nov ,,I'm told by my agent that it takes a month from lodging to get a case officer ,she has told us 4/6 fast track processing ,,till a decision ,,,so goin of this 6 weeks from 4 nov is mid December ,,,anyone else been through same timeline ,we are goin on a 119 sponsorship,job is waiting ,,any help is gratefull ,cos waiting is killing us .

hi there..im sorry i know this is not a right place to ask this but i hope to get my answere here..my question is ..I have applied for 885 visa in 2010 (cat5) and if i apply for RSMS visa so will my old application for PR will get terminated automatically or both will stay whichever comes first....thank you very much ..please if anyone can answere this.

regards

karan

Hi everyone,

So after 5 years in Australia on numerous different temp visa's, I have a permanent application lodged, now the waiting begins....

My current visa is nearly off so I will wait offshore, I really hope it won't be long!

Could anyone share any times lines for RSMS or visa's lodged at Paramatta please? My time line is below

x

applied on 30 june 2011 and granted on 2nd August 2011..

hi there..im sorry i know this is not a right place to ask this but i hope to get my answere here..my question is ..I have applied for 885 visa in 2010 (cat5) and if i apply for RSMS visa so will my old application for PR will get terminated automatically or both will stay whichever comes first....thank you very much ..please if anyone can answere this.

regards

karan

Hi karan,

If you already applied for 885 subclass and now you gonna apply for RSMS, then their is not any problem with it. Your 885 application will not be affected, unless you give immigration in writing that you want to terminate your application. Mine was same case and i applied for 885 in april 2011 and now i applied 857 in october 2011. They did not took any visa fee from me for 857 because i paid that for 885, means my application was fee free application, because when i applied for 857, i had a qualifying visa, so they did not took any fee... Now i got bridging visas from both applications, so it doesnt matter which visa is going to approve first. Once any of my visa will get approved first, i will take my other application back. If you are on bridging visa now then i think you are not able for fee free application as you are not on qualifying visa and you have to apply for offshore(119) subclass...

Hope this helps... :)

Guest Undertaker88

Hi SBN,

Can you tell me did you apply by DRC Application ? your case was very quick. Anyway Congratulations, I am in Towsville now, i applied on 2nd September and still waiting.....

Sorry to hijack but as you are all quite a way down the line, have any of you had any experience with an exceptional appointment when applying for an RSMS visa?

Thanks

Boardie

Hi boardie,

I am not sure what do you mean exactly , maybe you be better off asking a good agent? If you describe you situation they should be able to give you an advice for free or a small fee

Guest Whoopseydaisy

Got case officer finally last Monday the 21st, all approved bar a query with my medical! Typical!! MA said only for this we would have got the visa on the same day! Just got to wait now with crossed finigers. Applied for 119 on the 19th July

Got case officer finally last Monday the 21st, all approved bar a query with my medical! Typical!! MA said only for this we would have got the visa on the same day! Just got to wait now with crossed finigers. Applied for 119 on the 19th July

Hi that's great news! Fingers crossed it wont be too long. Did you apply through Melbourne?

Hi guys, just want to share updates on 28/11/11

We are currently allocating applications to case officers for assessment in the following time frames,

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 27 May 2011.

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 11 July 2011

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 23 June 2011.

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 22 July 2011

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 13 June 2011.

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 18 August 2011.

Sorry to jumpin here ,,just going through the horrible waiting time as u all no about ,,we had lodged on 4 nov all complete ,got acknowledge ment 21 nov ,,I'm told by my agent that it takes a month from lodging to get a case officer ,she has told us 4/6 fast track processing ,,till a decision ,,,so goin of this 6 weeks from 4 nov is mid December ,,,anyone else been through same timeline ,we are goin on a 119 sponsorship,job is waiting ,,any help is gratefull ,cos waiting is killing us .

Hi! we lodged our RSMS 119 on 27 October just a week ahead of your. Our RMA informed us our application has been assigned to a CO last week. Hopefully Co will make a decision before Christmas.

Just received an email from Parramatta - sad news! Our application is a non DRC, despite a colleagues exact same application approved in 5 weeks! That means if they are looking at 11 July RSMS applications now we would be allocated a CO by mid April. This is hopelessly late for my son's university starting beginning of Feb as a domestic engineering student in the city we stay.

Just received an email from Parramatta - sad news! Our application is a non DRC, despite a colleagues exact same application approved in 5 weeks! That means if they are looking at 11 July RSMS applications now we would be allocated a CO by mid April. This is hopelessly late for my son's university starting beginning of Feb as a domestic engineering student in the city we stay.

Hi! how did you know your application was treated as non-DRC? did Pararamatta tell you that?

hi Illegitmate

I called immigration yesterday they said they dont consider application as a decision ready if its not from the RMA.this is one of the DRC conditions.Has to be from RMA.ur colleague might be lucky.

Guest koen8584

ok so we applied for our 119 (parramatta - we will be going to Canberra) on July 19th. We have a migration agent, which is so lazy/busy (either of the two) so it's difficult to communicate.

Anyway, we had everything ready thought it would be Decision ready but apparently not because we are still waiting. Medicals done in August and PC begin September. Still no sign of a CO.

Hopefully it will come soon but then again, we are going to Philippines for 7 weeks, away from the people who were always asking when we are actually going.

so hard to make decisions when you dont know when, where, what, how,...