Guest Rangerider33

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi God66,

Thanks for sharing the info. May i know when did you applied. I heard that Mel is taking a bit time in assesing the app. By the way i found this http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/0/598C2E23628BB8FDCA2575DF002DA6B8?opendocument regarding work exp. It doesnt say part time or full time.

cheers

K

hi manoj .. my trade is cook , n i have cert 3 and diploma of hosp. . whrn i applied i had more than 2 years of exp part time . now i have another year of exp full time .. i talk to my lawyer n he said its fine ....applied melbourne dept.

Nomination & visa lodged in June 2013

RCB approved in October 2013

massage therapist / melbourne processing center

I have 6 years of experience included one year

with the business which sponsors me.

the only issue is that there was no ad for

my position.

And maybe I will need to prove that my diploma

includes massages but it is easy.

and it is a offshore application, so I need to leave

the country next month and wait offshore.

Hi Guys I have followed this post for long time and I just have my Pr granted today so I want to share my timeline and hope it helps for those who are still waiting for their visa

This is my timeline:

RCB applied: 20/5/2012

Visa and Nomination lodged: 28/6/2012 last week rush in June

RCB approved 17/8/2012

Case officer and request addition document: 5 May 2013

Nomination and visa Approved: 13/12/2013

Takes more than 1 and haft year

Position: Store Manager at IGA

And now I have facing the new issue. After more than 1 and a haft year waiting for the PR I worked for the nomination business but because my boss has finance problem so he is going to sell the business I think will be within this month

The new onwer has his own staff so he wont keep me with him But I actually can get the manager job in other supermarket. This is the worst situation ever, now if I notice the DIBP they would cancel my visa. So bad right guys?

Hi Guys I have followed this post for long time and I just have my Pr granted today so I want to share my timeline and hope it helps for those who are still waiting for their visa

This is my timeline:

RCB applied: 20/5/2012

Visa and Nomination lodged: 28/6/2012 last week rush in June

RCB approved 17/8/2012

Case officer and request addition document: 5 May 2013

Nomination and visa Approved: 13/12/2013

Takes more than 1 and haft year

Position: Store Manager at IGA

And now I have facing the new issue. After more than 1 and a haft year waiting for the PR I worked for the nomination business but because my boss has finance problem so he is going to sell the business I think will be within this month

The new onwer has his own staff so he wont keep me with him But I actually can get the manager job in other supermarket. This is the worst situation ever, now if I notice the DIBP they would cancel my visa. So bad right guys?

Find a job in same occupation in regional area and you should not have any problem. DIAC want you to stick to regional area and in intended job.

• 2 weeks later...

RSMS 187 Visa (Direct Entry stream) granted today :)

Scientist, Australian undergrad degrees, 1 year work experience.

High risk country, non-decision ready application, no agent, Melbourne processing center.

[Friday] 15/11/2013 RCB lodged and approved on the same day

[Monday] 18/11/2013 Nomination approved

[Friday] 29/11/2013 VETASSESS skill assessment submitted

[saturday] 30/11/2013 Visa lodged online

[Tuesday] 17/11/2013 Skill assessment approved. CO requested for medical within 5mins.

[Wednesday] 18/11/2013 Medical

[Friday] 20/11/2013 Medical cleared online

[---Christmas holiday---]

[Monday] 30/11/2013 Visa granted!

I have to say that I am pretty impressed with their efficiency - the visa application took 1 month exactly, including waiting for VETASSESS approval and the Christmas holiday period.

I know some people get it within a couple of months while others have much longer waiting periods. Personally I figure that it depends a lot on your employer and the nature of your occupation. Immigration does state that they group visa applications to COs base on occupations, and therefore, the 'rarer' your occupation probably the faster the processing will be. Also, big creditable companies that have previously sponsored employees who stayed on in their jobs permanently after getting their citizenships will definitely help too.

Best of luck!

Edited by Donut

RSMS 187 Visa (Direct Entry stream) granted today :)

Scientist, Australian undergrad degrees, 1 year work experience.

High risk country, non-decision ready application, no agent, Melbourne processing center.

[Friday] 15/11/2013 RCB lodged and approved on the same day

[Monday] 18/11/2013 Nomination approved

[Friday] 29/11/2013 VETASSESS skill assessment submitted

[saturday] 30/11/2013 Visa lodged online

[Tuesday] 17/11/2013 Skill assessment approved. CO requested for medical within 5mins.

[Wednesday] 18/11/2013 Medical

[Friday] 20/11/2013 Medical cleared online

[---Christmas holiday---]

[Monday] 30/11/2013 Visa granted!

I have to say that I am pretty impressed with their efficiency - the visa application took 1 month exactly, including waiting for VETASSESS approval and the Christmas holiday period.

I know some people get it within a couple of months while others have much longer waiting periods. Personally I figure that it depends a lot on your employer and the nature of your occupation. Immigration does state that they group visa applications to COs base on occupations, and therefore, the 'rarer' your occupation probably the faster the processing will be. Also, big creditable companies that have previously sponsored employees who stayed on in their jobs permanently after getting their citizenships will definitely help too.

Best of luck!

Congratulations.

You are absolutely right, your job does make a big difference. I'm sure lots of people will be very happy to know they are working over the Christmas and New Years break too. :-)

Thanks :) Yeah I asked the doctor (who was extremely nice!) when I was doing the medical and she said the new electronic system means that all the results are submitted online to the Immigration Department as soon as the they are available. So basically the medical part is uploaded right away and they just have to wait for the blood test and X-Ray results which should only take a couple of days as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've been reading the threads while waiting for my visa and it was finally granted as an early Christmas present on December 17th 2013. Thanks for all the information you've all put on here, I know how stressful it is waiting, hang on in there ... it'll come :)

Non Decision Ready - Perth Office - HR Advisor - Direct Entry Stream

19/07/2013 RCB lodged

08/08/2013 RCB Approved

08/08/2013 Nomination/ Visa Lodged with All documentation including Medical/ Police Clearances - Online Submission (Used an Immigration Agent but not Decision Ready)

17/12/2013 More Information Requested

17/12/2013 Nomination and Visa Granted on the same day

Thanks,

Helen

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys!!

Timeline so far:

High Risk, Office Manager - PERTH Office

RCB - Lodged 31.01.13 / Approved 07.03.13

Employer Nomination - Lodged 04.04.13 / Approved 27.08.13

187 Visa Application – Lodged 27.09.13 (Decision Ready)

Acknowledgement of Valid Application and bridging visa Received on the same day

Still Waiting...

Got PR granted today! Finally!

Time line is:

nomination and visa applied 23rd August 2013

DRC, low risk, Perth office

Occupation, cook

no sign of a case officer

nomination and visa granted at the same time.

Hi Minch23,

did the case officer ask you for 2 year experience or did you show any experience?

thanks

Got PR granted today! Finally!

Time line is:

nomination and visa applied 23rd August 2013

DRC, low risk, Perth office

Occupation, cook

no sign of a case officer

nomination and visa granted at the same time.

Congratulations. :-)

For your answer to matter to minch23, did you study in Australia.

Thanks!:cute:

I became Australian Qualified via RPL. I had to do a 3 day practical in Melbourne, then a load of paper work, then I was awarded a AQF.

I did it to become more recognized by Australian employers.

In regards to the 2 year thing, what is it referring to? Is it showing 2 years work experience post qualification?

I became Australian Qualified via RPL. I had to do a 3 day practical in Melbourne, then a load of paper work, then I was awarded a AQF.

In regards to the 2 year thing, what is it referring to? Is it showing 2 years work experience post qualification?

If you study in Australia you need to show two years post qualification work experience. It sounds like you were exempt from this. I guess you did this job before coming to oz?

yes. Did you lodge your 2 year experience with your file to immigration.

I heard we need two year experience for rsms.

i just want to know if its true or not.

if they didn't ask you for experience it means its not required.

Yes, I have 15 yrs experience as a pastry chef, however, it was easier and cheaper for me just to do a AQF in commercial cookery, rather then

pastry. As I said before, I mainly did to have a qualification which is recognizable to Australian employers.

I was not given any notification of a case officer, and nor did I show 2 yrs experience, as I only got my AQF in Nov 2012.

Sorry I can't be of anymore help then this.