RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Hi

Dose anybody know when the citizenship count down time starts? Like when we apply a permanent resident visa and get a bridging visa dose that one year starts from the bridging visa grant date if later on we get the permanent residency. Or it will start from the grant date of permanent residence?

CHEERS

You have to have been in Australia for four years, without having spent more than a year off shore. Of that four years the last one year has to have been as a permanent resident. So if you have been here at least three years by the time your visa is granted you can apply for citizenship one year after you get pr.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes your student visa time will count.

My situation. I came in 2008 on a student visa. My rsms visa was granted in November 2012. So in November 2013 I will have been here for nearly 6 years, the last year being as a permanent resident so I can apply for citizenship. Yay.

Lucky You .....

How much time it took you to get your PR? I mean ur 187 timeline ?

I'm still waiting on my nomination which my employer lodged in December 2012 . I lodged my visa application this month as my student visa was expiring. Let's see how I go . My application is a complete decisions ready checklist but it all depends on nomination . They will not even look into it if something gose wrong with nomination.

Hi blossom thanx for reply just want to know how can I know about high risk and low risk am apply from Perth and second is it alright if my company have different abn no for all restaurant . Or it should be same abn thanx

Different ABN means different organization and it wont work for you. You can only change workplace with consent of present employer, in the same regional area within two years of PR.

3 weeks....just waiting for afp....so frustrating....

Hi just new here apply rsms visa 30 June in Mel till now no news what can I do now

Sneh

How did you applied on June 30-12 because last date for 119/857 was June 29? After this new visa classes were launched i.e. 187.

Congrats to those who have received their PR! :)

As for the rest, just like little old me, good luck! I am going into my 10th month of waiting. No CO yet. I am just wondering what is the process after we get a CO. Could anyone enlighten me please?

Really hope that some of us will hear some good news today.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Thanks!

Congrats to those who have received their PR! :)

As for the rest, just like little old me, good luck! I am going into my 10th month of waiting. No CO yet. I am just wondering what is the process after we get a CO. Could anyone enlighten me please?

Really hope that some of us will hear some good news today.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Hi Jadepearl after you get a CO they will ask for additional Doc if they need it otherwise they will make a decision on your application or in some cases they do not notify you have a CO if everything they need it included in the application straight decsion.

Edited by calNgary

Hi Blossom,

That's interesting to know. Therefore, if I came here in June 2010 on a student visa. So, when can I apply for citizenship?

Thanks!

Yes your student visa time will count.

My situation. I came in 2008 on a student visa. My rsms visa was granted in November 2012. So in November 2013 I will have been here for nearly 6 years, the last year being as a permanent resident so I can apply for citizenship. Yay.

Thanks RBP for your reply. :)

I too am waiting for a reply as I applied for RSMS 857 on 29 June 2012 Melb PSE.

Good luck with yours. I am sure you will hear some good news soon since you have a CO.

Good luck again.

Hi Jadepearl after you get a CO they will ask for additional Doc if they need it otherwise they will make a decision on your application or in some cases they do not notify you have a CO if everything they need it included in the application straight decsion.

Thanks RBP for your reply. :)

I too am waiting for a reply as I applied for RSMS 857 on 29 June 2012 Melb PSE.

Good luck with yours. I am sure you will hear some good news soon since you have a CO.

Good luck again.

Thanks mate I hope you will hear something soon because there are people who applied in June had alreday their visa.

regards

Hi Blossom,

That's interesting to know. Therefore, if I came here in June 2010 on a student visa. So, when can I apply for citizenship?

Thanks!

That depends on when you get pr. if you get it after June, then one year from that day. If you get it before June then four years from you arriving on your student visa.

Thank you Ryan I am goijng to Mediacare tommrow to get one do they give one on the spot or send a card later on?Regards

Hi RBP. I just wanted to share my medicare levy exp with ya and to all those who just got their med cards. I was able to refund all the medicare levy fees that they have charged me since i came to aus on a 457 visa. I have informed my accountant before that i should be exempt but lo and behold after 4 yrs, she hasnt filed for my exemption. So last yr, i filed for the exemption prior to the approval of the 857 grant. So i got my money back. Just sharing just in case somebody is in the same boat...cheers and good luck to all.

Hi RBP. I just wanted to share my medicare levy exp with ya and to all those who just got their med cards. I was able to refund all the medicare levy fees that they have charged me since i came to aus on a 457 visa. I have informed my accountant before that i should be exempt but lo and behold after 4 yrs, she hasnt filed for my exemption. So last yr, i filed for the exemption prior to the approval of the 857 grant. So i got my money back. Just sharing just in case somebody is in the same boat...cheers and good luck to all.

I went to Centrelink the other day but there is no separatae office for Medicare where I live.So the staff from Centrelink has posted the forms for me once medicare will assess and they will send a card for me . And then I will be eligible for these benefits.Wow :chatterbox::laugh:Psalms23 that something interesting information thank you for sharing us !!!

Edited by RBP

Hi Frinds, how long take after submitted documents to get decision.

I apply 29/6/12. Nomination approved 20/2/13. Request afp and PCC submitted last week. Waiting now...

It all depends on the co mate on how busy they r. It took me almost a month before being granted 857. Others just get it after a day or two... Others longer..

morning,I just ask when did you apply afp and when did you receive?

thanks

Hi,

Hi Ryan you have not received it yet may be give a call to AFP.I applied on 12th Dec and I had received it on 18th dec that quick.Regards

Edited by RBP