RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

I have my case officer since April but nothing happen yet. immi visit to workplace on 20th june ans still waiting. I am currently on student visa and going to finish 13th August 2012, so lots of stress in this situation. I am living here for last 4 years, so bought lots of stuff including car. Now am confused we should sell all these stuff or keep in my friends home. My daughter is studing in grade one, so her study will also affected. Lots of pressure and stress.

Melbourne centre is too slow making me annoyed

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have my case officer since April but nothing happen yet. immi visit to workplace on 20th june ans still waiting. I am currently on student visa and going to finish 13th August 2012, so lots of stress in this situation. I am living here for last 4 years, so bought lots of stuff including car. Now am confused we should sell all these stuff or keep in my friends home. My daughter is studing in grade one, so her study will also affected. Lots of pressure and stress.

Melbourne centre is too slow making me annoyed

Did you apply for on shore or off shore? Is the 485 visa an option for you?

Ok so just spoke to someone at Perth COE, and about 3 500 applications were received in the last week of june alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :chatterbox:, so its going to take nearly 6 months to finalise and grant an application :arghh: unlike the 3 weeks they were targetting.... i dont mean to be rude but 3 500 applicants in the last week of june alone!!! why last minute :err::twitcy:

why last minute :err::twitcy:

Exactly! If I was in charge of DIAC I would have put a cut off point for applications at least a month before the start of the new regulations. Also any of these apps that were submitted at the last minute, I would put these right to the bottom of the pile and deal with the apps that are already in for processing.

I don't see why apps that we're sent in near the deadline should slow down the process of apps that have been in the system for months!

Exactly! If I was in charge of DIAC I would have put a cut off point for applications at least a month before the start of the new regulations. Also any of these apps that were submitted at the last minute, I would put these right to the bottom of the pile and deal with the apps that are already in for processing.

I don't see why apps that we're sent in near the deadline should slow down the process of apps that have been in the system for months!

I completely agree - by 9th August my application will be outwith the processing timeframes (5-7 months) and also my police checks won't be too far away from expiring. If I've not had grant by 9th August, I will be sending a very angry email.

I completely agree - by 9th August my application will be outwith the processing timeframes (5-7 months) and also my police checks won't be too far away from expiring. If I've not had grant by 9th August, I will be sending a very angry email.

Surflen,

I guess it's a case of Immigration getting as many apps acknowledged so that they can charge the visa application fee!

Or am I been too cynical?

Spenner.

Guest jacob88

Imagine, how much money did immi make only june and only perth center?

Ok so just spoke to someone at Perth COE, and about 3 500 applications were received in the last week of june alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :chatterbox:, so its going to take nearly 6 months to finalise and grant an application :arghh: unlike the 3 weeks they were targetting.... i dont mean to be rude but 3 500 applicants in the last week of june alone!!! why last minute :err::twitcy:

I'd say DIAC has a strategy there: whether you send it as DRC or non-DRC, DIAC still charges you the same amount. So, if they can convince a lot of people to send in a DRC case DIAC will earn the same money with less effort. The MAs are doing all the work for them, and we are the ones paying our MAs. So, it is in DIAC's interest to get as many as DRC applications in, as that will partly solve the backlog issue for them (i.e. the long processing time), rather than hiring more people to help with the processing queue. In any normal private business you would hire extra resources to deal with the additional work. You would be able to afford the extra employees as there is an increased income flowing into the business (think of the millions that DIAC is raking in over the last month!!). The advantage DIAC has is that they are the only organisation that provides the services they provide (i.e. it is a monopoly), so we as their clients can't go elsewhere to get those services. As a result DIAC can get away with what they are doing, as we have no alternative... and DIAC just adjusts their Client Service Charter accordingly (i.e. increase the processing times).

Unfortunately for DIAC now they need to process the new applications to have proof of those applications that have applied before the 1st of July to get an understanding of how many applications need to be processed under the old legislation (maybe this is related to their resource planning and future training needs of their own employees). However, I suspect that a large number of those applications are far from complete as people wanted to get processed under the old legislation. All this does not mean that the existing queue is going to be hugely impacted as all those incomplete applications will join at the end of the queue. The only significant delay that is going to be caused on existing applications are the DRC applications, as they join the top of the processing queue. So, once DIAC knows how many DRC applications have been submitted they will have a clear understanding of what the processing delays will be for the existing queue. I guess that is the reason why MAs can't contact DIAC about their DRC cases before 01/08/2012, because DIAC does not have that overview yet, until they process all the June received applications.

So savanah do you mean six month for drc or non drc ?

im sorry but at the moment i dont think there is any difference between DRC and non DRC, I asked if ENS were being granted quicker, but he denied and said its the same waiting time, due to the many applications received, ENS which is meant to be granted quicker than RSMS is also on hold until they send acknowledgement letters to all those last minute applications which has caused the case officers to deal with administrative work and stop processing previous applications.

Imagine, how much money did immi make only june and only perth center?

ooooooh yeah, :wink: lets calculate just those applications in the last week of june, Perth COE, and lets say they were all onshore, ie 3500 * $3060 = $1 071 000.... :wub: too many zeros for my liking..... lol

Guest jacob88

in fact, the 1 or 2 % of applications is not approved by immi because not enough docs or no RCB, and Immi still earn a loads of money from it.

ooooooh yeah, :wink: lets calculate just those applications in the last week of june, Perth COE, and lets say they were all onshore, ie 3500 * $3060 = $1 071 000.... :wub: too many zeros for my liking..... lol

... ENS which is meant to be granted quicker than RSMS is also on hold until they send acknowledgement letters to all those last minute applications...

It looks like DIAC changes their own rules: according to their Client Service Charter for Skilled Migration Visas RSMS have priority over ENS when it comes to processing these applications... This even contradicts what the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, Chris Bowen MP has set as the priorities as of 01/07/2012.

It looks like DIAC changes their own rules: according to their Client Service Charter for Skilled Migration Visas RSMS have priority over ENS when it comes to processing these applications... This even contradicts what the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, Chris Bowen MP has set as the priorities as of 01/07/2012.

Just to clarify, from at least July 2011, RSMS has ALWAYS had higher priority over ENS - well, in theory anyway. That's not changed. I don't think anyone told Perth COE though!

Guest jacob88

I m still waiting man. I am thinking to change from non drc to drc will make the process quick.

DO you think i need the eng test again if i wanna reply it? I believe I must meet the july changes

Is it true, after u got CO you still need to wait 5-7 months?

Hi Jacob No not yet waiting is killing me I do not know I am not thiniking I will get one untill Aug/Sep lets see .........what abt u ?thanx

Guest jacob88

I have a question. If immi or one of the CO is accessing DRC in the short amount of time, will it be end before june 30 2012 application or not?

Because some 857 drc applicants already been granted PR even they applied on MARCH APRIL or MAy.

Does anyone have any idea?

I m still waiting man. I am thinking to change from non drc to drc will make the process quick.

DO you think i need the eng test again if i wanna reply it? I believe I must meet the july changes

Is it true, after u got CO you still need to wait 5-7 months?

According to the immigration instruction on dcr you can NOT change to dcr once your application is in.

Sorry if I caused any misunderstanding, yes RSMS has priority over ENS in "THEORY" but lets get down to earth, in "REALITY" according to Perth COE ENS were being granted faster than RSMS... a space of quite a few months apart. Check it out, a few pages back, Someone once posted the email showing the cities and what month their COE were at in terms of processing applications...