RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Congrats with your PR - it's nice to read some success stories :-)

Hi ALL,

I just got the visa! and my case should be really rare, look my timeline.

my time line was

6 June 2012: Nomination and visa application lodge

7 June : acknowledge letter received

14 june: nomination approved and visa granted

Did you officially get a CO appointed or didn't you get any information between the acknowledgement and visa grant?

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats with your PR - it's nice to read some success stories :-)

Did you officially get a CO appointed or didn't you get any information between the acknowledgement and visa grant?

I had not heard anything from my CO.

I guess, my CO gave the visa straight away when she opened my case. She didn't need to contact me in any case cos the application was completed one.

Edited by kayperth

Guest twister

hi

anyone waiting for more than month applied to perth center... just wondering.. one of my frind got his visa (857) in a week.. second friend got his just today (857).. we all applied on the same date with frontloaded medical and PCC.. but I have applied for 119 because of no eligible visa...

we all are from high risk country....now the question is,,,Does it makes any diffrence when applying offshore 119 while someone in Australia phisically?? means compare to onshore 857 ..processing time..CO allocation…visa grant??

plz share your experience.... thanks

Guest twister
hi

anyone waiting for more than month applied to perth center... just wondering.. one of my frind got his visa (857) in a week.. second friend got his just today (857).. we all applied on the same date with frontloaded medical and PCC.. but I have applied for 119 because of no eligible visa...

we all are from high risk country....now the question is,,,Does it makes any diffrence when applying offshore 119 while someone in Australia phisically?? means compare to onshore 857 ..processing time..CO allocation…visa grant??

plz share your experience.... thanks

one more friend got her (high risk country) 857 visa yesterday... why all 857 visa get high priority?? what happen to 119 application...applied same date (5 June) , nothing heard yet... my all friends become now australian resident..and me... still waiting...............God bless all 119 applicants.........

Guest zools

Hi all,

Here's my timeline and some background info:

RSMS 119 (offshore), done myself without agent, thus non-DRC, Perth, occupation/position Zoologist, low risk country.

Last visa held: 574 (PhD in Zoology, completed 2011)

485 (GSM Skilled Graduate) application lodged October 2011,

on bridging visa A, then B since 05/11/2011

IELTS: July 2011 (av 8.5)

Medical: October 2011

RCB nomination lodged: November 2011

RCB Perth nomination approved: 28/02/2012

COE Perth nomination lodged: 27/03/2012

COE Perth acknowledgment letter: 05/04/2012 (said that processing currently takes between 3 and 4 months)

COE Perth nomination approved: 11/05/2012

RSMS 119 application lodged: 15/05/2012 (lodged in person in Perth with all documents, incl. police checks and medical in sealed envelope etc. and checklist)

RSMS 119 application acknowledgment letter and payment taken: 25/05/2012 (Fri;said current processing times 5-7 months)

Pre-grant notification from CO: 30/05/2012 ! (Wed), not asking for any further docs, only that I have to leave Australia within 28 days and return before 20/07/2012, and to let CO know travel details once arranged (same CO as for nomination).

Provided CO with travel details: 14/06/2012 (Thurs)

Left Australia: 17/06/2012 (Sun)

Visa granted: 18/06/2012 (Mon at 9:09 am!) Yay :)

I guess I was very lucky in terms of processing time and my CO who was very nice and helpful and replied to any email within hours. I don't know why it was processed so quickly, but I did put in a lot of effort to make sure my application was complete and easy to assess (checklist, table of contents etc).

FYI:

My friend and colleague also applied for RSMS but ONSHORE as her 485 was granted in March. All her details are the same (location, low risk country, education, position/occupation, company, previous visa/visa appliations, dates of COE nomination granted and application lodged). However, she has received an acknowledgement letter but hasn't heard anything since, have my fingers crossed for her!

Cheers and good luck to everyone

Guest twister

Hi all

I just talked to my MA and he said that "DIAC seems to have reached the quote for RSMS approvals for this financial year. I believe most of the visas now will be approved after the 1st of July".

So after 1 july, might be we all who waiting get a good news....finger crossed....

Guest twister
If the application is still at immi after july 1, all the new regulations is going to affect us or not?

No... our application will be procced according to current (old) regulations...

Guest jacob88
Hi all

I just talked to my MA and he said that "DIAC seems to have reached the quote for RSMS approvals for this financial year. I believe most of the visas now will be approved after the 1st of July".

So after 1 july, might be we all who waiting get a good news....finger crossed....

What make yr MA think like that? like based on sth?

Hi all

my MA also telling same story

its reallt good for every one if v all get approv after 1st july...

but i have question guys ?

one of my friend who lodged 119, his migration agent told him that if his visa get approve after 1st july he dont have to leave oz for the stamping because the rules which r coming from 1st july they r waiving this thing to make it more convenient.

what i am confuse is with if v get approve after 1july, v wont b coming under new rules but how that is possible that v dont have 2 leave oz for stamping....does any 1 hv any idea about this ???????

Guest twister
its reallt good for every one if v all get approv after 1st july...

but i have question guys ?

one of my friend who lodged 119, his migration agent told him that if his visa get approve after 1st july he dont have to leave oz for the stamping because the rules which r coming from 1st july they r waiving this thing to make it more convenient.

what i am confuse is with if v get approve after 1july, v wont b coming under new rules but how that is possible that v dont have 2 leave oz for stamping....does any 1 hv any idea about this ???????

I dont believe that is true.......still we need to be offshore for visa grant..

I am just thinking what would happen if the rcb does not come through before 29th june and it comes after it. Will be there any kind of leverage given to those applicants to apply for RSMS visa on old rcb certification like SMWA has already announced a transitional period for rcb applied after 8th june. Very grey area at the moment.!!!

Guest Waiting Patiently

Hi Pomsinoz members, I am new to this forum, I have been following this thread for a while now. I have decided to join the forum and post my timeline:

Our's is as follows:

Subclass 119 Visa: Non - DRC

Application Lodged (Perth): 9 November 2011

Acknowledgement letter: 15 November 2011

Case officer assigned: 21 February 2012

Case officer requested extra docs from sponsor

Submitted extra docs to Case officer: 15 March 2012

Decision: Know waiting...............

We are using a migration agent. We think the CO's all say the same thing, we also were told the he will look at our application this week, well this was 5 weeks ago. Last week Tuesday the migration agent phoned the CO again, now he was it hospital for a few days. Don't know what he will say next. We are already over the 7 Months mark as the acknowledgement letter stated. The MA said they can start putting pressure on the CO now. Lets just hope for some good news soon.

Is there anyone with a similar timeline?

Regards

Waiting Patiently

Guest jacob88
Hi Pomsinoz members, I am new to this forum, I have been following this thread for a while now. I have decided to join the forum and post my timeline:

Our's is as follows:

Subclass 119 Visa: Non - DRC

Application Lodged (Perth): 9 November 2011

Acknowledgement letter: 15 November 2011

Case officer assigned: 21 February 2012

Case officer requested extra docs from sponsor

Submitted extra docs to Case officer: 15 March 2012

Decision: Know waiting...............

We are using a migration agent. We think the CO's all say the same thing, we also were told the he will look at our application this week, well this was 5 weeks ago. Last week Tuesday the migration agent phoned the CO again, now he was it hospital for a few days. Don't know what he will say next. We are already over the 7 Months mark as the acknowledgement letter stated. The MA said they can start putting pressure on the CO now. Lets just hope for some good news soon.

Is there anyone with a similar timeline?

Regards

Waiting Patiently

7 Months from the acknowledgement letter?

Guest Waiting Patiently
7 Months from the acknowledgement letter?

Well on the 9 June 2012 it was 7 Months from lodgement date and on the 15 June 2012 it was 7 Months from acknowledgement letter.

Guest jacob88
Well on the 9 June 2012 it was 7 Months from lodgement date and on the 15 June 2012 it was 7 Months from acknowledgement letter.

Oh right! you are still waiting, sorry....

Are you from high risk ?

Guest Waiting Patiently
Oh right! you are still waiting, sorry....

Are you from high risk ?

We are from South Africa, according to the immi. website South Africa is high risk, so i guess we just have to wait! What is your timeline jacob88 cant seem to find it? I'am sure if I look further back I will find it ;-)

Our timeline

Subclass 119 Visa: Non - DRC and UK applicant (metal machinist)

Application Lodged (Perth): 21 May 2012

Acknowledgement letter: 29 May 2012

Case officer assigned: 1 June 2012

Case officer requested extra docs (passport copies I missed and meds) 1 June 2012

Submitted extra docs and had meds on 14th June 2012

Phone call from UK med doc - querying xray discrepancy on behalf of Oz

Contacted CO to ask if meds received: 'not cleared' as of 21 June 2012

Decision: waiting...............:twitcy: