RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Dear Friends,

Tuesdaymy MA got CO email, he will be assessing my file this week but no response yet. Why they said like that ?

Please advise me. what should i do?

Hi Veenameena, more good news! There is progress.

The time (assessing) now might include verification either by phone, email, fax or post regarding docs/references you submitted. They, I am sure, work with many applications simultaneously. Maybe your application is on their desk, but have not started going through it and setting up a list of outstanding documents (if any), or maybe waiting for a supervisor to OK something.

You are nearly there!!!

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey can you give me some advise on what happen if i will get my nomination approved and will get my visa grant but same time after getting my 119 visa grant, if my employer dont want me to work with him anymore with his own choice and he dont have any problem if i will go to anywhere.... what option do i have in that case ?

i am bit worried, may b it can happen because i am hearing rumours at work plz, it can be true and it can't be. just wondering if it happens what can i do in that case....means do i have to inform diac or i can just carry on at any plz....

do diac check about the employee between the 2 yr time or not.

please advise something

Hi Veenameena, more good news! There is progress.

The time (assessing) now might include verification either by phone, email, fax or post regarding docs/references you submitted. They, I am sure, work with many applications simultaneously. Maybe your application is on their desk, but have not started going through it and setting up a list of outstanding documents (if any), or maybe waiting for a supervisor to OK something.

You are nearly there!!!

hey can you give me some advise on what happen if i will get my nomination approved and will get my visa grant but same time after getting my 119 visa grant, if my employer dont want me to work with him anymore with his own choice and he dont have any problem if i will go to anywhere.... what option do i have in that case ?

i am bit worried, may b it can happen because i am hearing rumours at work plz, it can be true and it can't be. just wondering if it happens what can i do in that case....means do i have to inform diac or i can just carry on at any plz....

do diac check about the employee between the 2 yr time or not.

please advise something

Hi Sambo

The obligations are set out in:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/rsms/obligations.htm

which conludes with: "The visa may be cancelled if the employee does not comply with these obligations to complete the two year contract with the employer."

From another web source (not DIAC) "Cancellation of a visa will not occur where a nominating employer terminates a nominee's contract within the two year period, provided the nominee has made a genuine effort to complete the two years with the approved employer. If the nominee's visa is cancelled, the visas for people who accompanied the nominee to Australia such as family members will also be cancelled."

But also read from another forum of a RSMS cancelled by employer, before validation because of the GFC.

I asked my CO regarding cancellation (if I kicked the bucket, what happens to my family) and her reply: " I am unable to give specific information on the departments cancellation process, however a visa holder which includes dependants are unlikely to be assessed as failing to have made a genuine effort where the failure to commence or complete the two year employment period was because of a situation beyond the visa holder’s control."

So the "genuine effort" seems to be the keyword here. But that leaves it open to scrutiny where the employer and employee could face some questions. Get your and his fact ready and go for it.

Play open cards and phone/email DIAC. Too much money, time, pressure and stress to go ahead on hearsay.

thanks illegitimate for the advise.

but do u have any idea that if employer and employee does not inform diac for leaving the place do diac have a routine check for rsms holders within 2 year contract time? do they check the rsms applicant is working or not?

Hi Sambo

The obligations are set out in:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/rsms/obligations.htm

which conludes with: "The visa may be cancelled if the employee does not comply with these obligations to complete the two year contract with the employer."

From another web source (not DIAC) "Cancellation of a visa will not occur where a nominating employer terminates a nominee's contract within the two year period, provided the nominee has made a genuine effort to complete the two years with the approved employer. If the nominee's visa is cancelled, the visas for people who accompanied the nominee to Australia such as family members will also be cancelled."

But also read from another forum of a RSMS cancelled by employer, before validation because of the GFC.

I asked my CO regarding cancellation (if I kicked the bucket, what happens to my family) and her reply: " I am unable to give specific information on the departments cancellation process, however a visa holder which includes dependants are unlikely to be assessed as failing to have made a genuine effort where the failure to commence or complete the two year employment period was because of a situation beyond the visa holder’s control."

So the "genuine effort" seems to be the keyword here. But that leaves it open to scrutiny where the employer and employee could face some questions. Get your and his fact ready and go for it.

Play open cards and phone/email DIAC. Too much money, time, pressure and stress to go ahead on hearsay.

thanks illegitimate for the advise.

but do u have any idea that if employer and employee does not inform diac for leaving the place do diac have a routine check for rsms holders within 2 year contract time? do they check the rsms applicant is working or not?

Hi Sambo

The DIAC are quiet clear about changing circumstances and even require you to complete a form: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1022.pdf

I am not sure what would happen. Would they send someone out to look for you or not?

On this forum, this thread the DIAC cancelled a business's verification, which affected any nomination procedures, which in turn affected innocent employees applying for visas. A prerequisite to RSMS applications.

Also, somewhere also on this forum, guys have changed visa conditions and hoped not to be "found". Some even felt they were not doing anything wrong as they felt the visa was permanent.

The DIAC states at http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/86overstayers-and-other-unlawful-non-citizens.htm

[h=2]Locating unlawful non-citizens and people in breach of their working conditions[/h]The department uses a wide range of sources to locate unlawful non-citizens and people breaching their visa conditions. Referrals may be made by employers, educational institutions, departmental investigations, community information, police or other government agencies.

Three government departments—the Department of Immigration and Citizenship, Centrelink and the Australian Taxation Office—share information so as to locate non-citizens who are employed illegally, or claiming welfare payments and benefits to which they are not entitled.

My RSMS clearly states: http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/86overstayers-and-other-unlawful-non-citizens.htm

Visa validity

Please note that under the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme if your employment ceases

within 2 years from approval, your visa may be subject to cancellation.

ONe is taking a chance. With a family and if caught I have no doubt the DIAC would be less understanding. I would not be able to live with a "maybe"

I was a tour operator in Africa for ten years visited South Africa, Namibia, Lesotho, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Angola, Tanzania, Malawi, Kenya, Uganda and Egypt and took many chances crossing borders regarding paperwork (some countires were quiet ridiculous with demands), but the DIAC seem to be pretty well organized. I wouldn't risk it. Especailly when an election is coming up, immigration is always an issue and the DIAC get quiet anxious about stuff. Google "breaching visa conditions caught" and decide.

Hi Sambo

The DIAC are quiet clear about changing circumstances and even require you to complete a form: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1022.pdf

I am not sure what would happen. Would they send someone out to look for you or not?

On this forum, this thread the DIAC cancelled a business's verification, which affected any nomination procedures, which in turn affected innocent employees applying for visas. A prerequisite to RSMS applications.

Also, somewhere also on this forum, guys have changed visa conditions and hoped not to be "found". Some even felt they were not doing anything wrong as they felt the visa was permanent.

The DIAC states at http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/86overstayers-and-other-unlawful-non-citizens.htm

Locating unlawful non-citizens and people in breach of their working conditions

The department uses a wide range of sources to locate unlawful non-citizens and people breaching their visa conditions. Referrals may be made by employers, educational institutions, departmental investigations, community information, police or other government agencies.

Three government departments—the Department of Immigration and Citizenship, Centrelink and the Australian Taxation Office—share information so as to locate non-citizens who are employed illegally, or claiming welfare payments and benefits to which they are not entitled.

My RSMS clearly states: http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/86overstayers-and-other-unlawful-non-citizens.htm

Visa validity

Please note that under the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme if your employment ceases

within 2 years from approval, your visa may be subject to cancellation.

ONe is taking a chance. With a family and if caught I have no doubt the DIAC would be less understanding. I would not be able to live with a "maybe"

I was a tour operator in Africa for ten years visited South Africa, Namibia, Lesotho, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Angola, Tanzania, Malawi, Kenya, Uganda and Egypt and took many chances crossing borders regarding paperwork (some countires were quiet ridiculous with demands), but the DIAC seem to be pretty well organized. I wouldn't risk it. Especailly when an election is coming up, immigration is always an issue and the DIAC get quiet anxious about stuff. Google "breaching visa conditions caught" and decide.

Hi friends

could you tel me what type of documents assessed on visa approval stages.

Have you heard any case where application rejected on visa stage?

I am very depressed now and wait is furstated me

Guest dominiczahra

hi all i'm from non risk country and lodged my visa on 17 october last year at paramatta . on the 3rd april the curent processing time time was 17 october. no one got in touch with me yet what should i do?

hi all i'm from non risk country and lodged my visa on 17 october last year at paramatta . on the 3rd april the curent processing time time was 17 october. no one got in touch with me yet what should i do?

first of all its low risk and high risk countries ...not non risk ....i think you should contact DIAC as soon as possible ....

Guest jonathanhanley

Hi guys im in a similar situation to dominiczahra by the sounds of it. Anybody got the updates from DIAC this morning???

Guest dominiczahra

How should I contact them? I've called 131881 a dozen times and no help. They tell me to email. Well I get no reply except the automated reply. I use this email nsw.pse@immi.gov.au. I feel like I'm lost and no one wants to help.

Guest dominiczahra
first of all its low risk and high risk countries ...not non risk ....i think you should contact DIAC as soon as possible ....

Lol sorry mate I meant low risk

How should I contact them? I've called 131881 a dozen times and no help. They tell me to email. Well I get no reply except the automated reply. I use this email nsw.pse@immi.gov.au. I feel like I'm lost and no one wants to help.

Send an email to nsw.pse@immi.gov.au explaining your situation they will get back to you as soon as possible

Sometime it could take couple of weeks but they will get back to you for sure ...

Latest update on timeframes:

We are currently allocating applications to case officers for assessment in the following time frames,

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 18 October 2011

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 24 October 2011

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 19 October 2011.

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 26 September 2011.

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 21 November 2011.

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 23 December 2011.

We are just about to apply for regional approval in the Northern Rivers/ Byron Bay area. We are quite confident we will receive regional approval, just starting to sweat over the DIAC processing times (specifically those indicated by surflen22!!).

We were going to submit the paperwork on our own, but are considering using an immigration agent that can help us lodge a decision ready application. Does anyone have any advice or experience with agents/lawyers in the Northern Rivers NSW area?

Look forward to some answers (aren't we all!)!

Hi Friends,

Now week two nearly finish but i haven't get any info from case officer. What is matter? He should contact us because he said last tuesday he will be assess my application but now this week is also going to finish. I am really too stressed.

Any advice will be apparicated

Hi Sandhu,

I got case officer on 1st Feb and got nomination approval on 9th march, so now waiting for the decision. 4rth of April my MA send email to case officer and he gave response last tuesday and he said he will be assessing my application this week but haven't heard anything yet. therefore, i am depressed, why he didn't get any decision till now.

hey guys,

any idea about that after getting grant of the visa, what proof showed that we have started working as full time with the nominating employer. do immi ask for the pay slips, if they ask for how long we have to provide pay slips means for how many months....any advise will be appreciable :-) nd also do employer has to show their financial documents in the 2 yr time period ?

Guest padania

hi~~

new in here~

I submitted 119 RSMS with DRC to MELBOURNE DIAC on MAR 21th 2012~~~

Still haven't received any news~~~even lodgement letter~~~

why I still haven't received logde email?? it that normal???~~~

everything goes to slowly````~~~~~~:mad: