Calling all sales experts!

Guest manykids!

Guest manykids!

hi, just wanted a bit advice on gaining an employer sponsered visa, my hubby works in sales as national account manager and sales manager and we are looking for a 457 visa hopefully leading to permenant residency after the required time. Only problem we have is most of the jobs advertised on websites state that only people with permenant residency need apply, is it worth applying anyway with cover letter saying we are looking for sponsership or will they simply bin these on arrival?

Has anyone on here gone down this route, or is there another way or simply have any advice about the best way to go about this - or maybe a wiling employer may just happen to stumble ascross this thread and save us a lot of bother - you never know it pays to be optomistic!!!!

:wacko:

Thanks in advance, any advice gratefully recieved

Zoe, Riche and the boys

Hi, thanks for your reply to my previous post. My OH has been sending his CV to lots of agencies in Oz who all know that he would require the necessary employer spondorship. Most of them don't seem to think that it would be a problem and that they deal with this alot of the time. Try SEEK.com or the "West Australian" newspaper website as a start. Not sure what sales line your OH is in so not sure if this will help.

Billie

Guest manykids!

Hi again! Thanks for that we will try the WA newspaper site, already got Seek on our list, always on the look out for more good ones if you find any others, you never know what might come up. My husband works for fmcg company selling bakery stuff and chocolates - thrilling stuff as you might imagine!! Will it just be the two of you going out to Aus? We have four children and want a bigger house and better lifestyle with lots of outdoor stuff as our boys have sooooo much energy and being stuck indoors alot is not fantastic as you might imagine - for them or our sanity, not that we had much in the first place i might add - hence the four children under five years old!

:arghh::v_SPIN::jiggy:

Will be good to hear how you get on, give us a shout when you get a minute

Zoe x

Hi Zoe,

My husband is away on business at the moment but when he gets back I will ask him if he knows of any other agencies you could try who are Sales/Marketing related. He is in the Oil and Gas industry so a bit different but I will let you know.

There will be four of us to move to Australia. Myself (37), Husband (37) and our two boys who are 5 and 2. We are totally fed up living in the UK. The weather is naff and not much to do unless you spend a fortune. Our boys love being outside but right now they can't even get out into the garden for any length of time. We have friends who are also looking to move to Perth but they are both Australian Citizens already and just need to get a job offer. Getting lots of good information from them and they have 3 kids (oldest is 6) so they understand the concerns about wanting a better life for the kids.

It's all very scary. Really want this to happen but then panic that it won't (also panic that it will). I'm sure you feel the same.

Keep in touch and I will let you know either way if I come up with any other agencies.

Billie

Archived