Looking for reasonably priced short-term accommodation

Guest User123

Guest User123

Hi there,

My partner and I are immigrating to Adelaide, South Australia.

We were just wondering if anyone can reccommend reasonably priced short-term accommodation from the 31st August??

I've looked online at hotels, motels, BnB's, self-catering apartments and serviced apartments... I have even gone so far as to look at houseshares Gumtree:)

We are looking for a place for about 4 weeks whilst we view apartments to rent long-term.

Can anyone suggest:

1.) Which area would be best in Adelaide?

2.) Any names of hotels, motels, BnB's, self-catering apartments etc... We really just want somewhere clean and respectable that isn't going to cost the earth!!

A few people have reccommended Glenelg but apartments/hotels in this area seem really costly. Long-term rental isn't expensive but looking for a place short-term seems to cost an arm and a leg!

Many thanks for any advice that can be given!

There's a few on here: Short Term Furnished Rentals - Poms In Adelaide

Generally short term does tend to be a bit pricier (the landlords have extra costs such as higher insurance, cleaning etc I guess) - but you should be able to find somewhere more permanent within about four weeks, or even less than that, and it's perhaps a false economy to go into the cheapest possible option straight away as you're bound to hit a post-traumatic low shortly after arriving and there's nothing worse than looking round a complete dump and thinking "I came half way round the world for this??!!!!"

Budget around $500-$750 a week I reckon for those first few weeks. Anything less than that and there will probably be a very good reason for the "low" price!

HTJ

Diane

Hi have you looked on Stayz.com ? Its a site just for short term lets so there may be something suitable.

AShort term furnished lets can be more expensive than longer term unfurinshed propertys but this is mainly because all your bills are included and your not tied to into a contract.

Cal x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest User123

Thank you so much for all the replies everyone, I am sorry I have not been in contact sooner!

I will look at all the recommended sites, thanks :)

• 1 year later...
Guest nodrog72

" Ok for the record, so everyone knows how recent this testimonial is/was, we rented the Lorikeet from Aug to Sept 2011!

Firstly you will notice how well the internet website is structured with a great deal of additional information to help you with your initial move to Adelaide. Secondly, to have an idea of what a good service you will get from Judi (a lovely northern girl) and Roo Rentals check out the other testimonials for Roo Rentals on PIO & PIA.

So, after conducting the usual in-depth internet search and narrowing the field down to a short list we, after deliberation, were drawn to Roo Rentals. From our first email traffic with Judi (the owner) it was very apparent that she was prepared to provide the personal touch and assist with the booking process and a practical payment instalment plan. On arrival at the airport we opted for the the meet and greet service that Judi offers which was perfect as she helped with the excess baggage we couldn't fit in our hire car. The Lorikeet, which is in Hallett Cove, is about 30 mins from the airport or the CBD and 5 mins from the beach and more. As a two bedroom property, the Lorikeet is a great little place for starting your adventure or setting down your roots. Best of all there is a brand new shopping complex 100 meters away which will provide for all your initial needs (even a Big W - look it up!).

Judi was great and really took the time to answer all our questions - even some of the more mundane ones! The Lorikeet is close enough to the city to search for schools, jobs, facilities etc and far enough away to be close to the great beaches and countryside of the the South. You have to go to the wine region at McLaren Vale and buy some "clean skins!" which is 30 mins away. If you are travelling for a holiday it is great - if you are emigrating then we really suggest you book for longer than 6 weeks. Our advice is give yourself time to find a car, Job, schools and most of all a home! Nothing moves quickly out here and without the luxury of Roo Rentals you will be severely rushed and may make an improper decision you have to live with!

Finally make good use of the BBQ - and remember to clean it afterwards!

That just leaves us to say thanks to Judi from us all: Gordon, Tanya, Jade & Reece"

Guest nodrog72
Hi there,

My partner and I are immigrating to Adelaide, South Australia.

We were just wondering if anyone can reccommend reasonably priced short-term accommodation from the 31st August??

I've looked online at hotels, motels, BnB's, self-catering apartments and serviced apartments... I have even gone so far as to look at houseshares Gumtree:)

We are looking for a place for about 4 weeks whilst we view apartments to rent long-term.

Can anyone suggest:

1.) Which area would be best in Adelaide?

2.) Any names of hotels, motels, BnB's, self-catering apartments etc... We really just want somewhere clean and respectable that isn't going to cost the earth!!

A few people have reccommended Glenelg but apartments/hotels in this area seem really costly. Long-term rental isn't expensive but looking for a place short-term seems to cost an arm and a leg!

Many thanks for any advice that can be given!

Hi

I have recently added a testimonial for Roo Rentals as we were very happy with the fully furnished property we rented. If you are emigrating you do not want anything to fancy or to far from Adelaide, unless that is you actual intention. Please see the link below for my comments on Poms in Adelaide.

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/recommendations/27272-roo-rentals-lorikeet-hallett-cove-adelaide-great-place-start.html

Archived