Sponsoring parents

abz123

Just looking for some advice as to options to get the in-laws out here.

FIL is 60 so too old for skilled migration and I understand too old for 457 sponsorship now.

Been told that balance of children test fails as he has a daughter by a previous marriage (no contact but in the UK) and then my wife has a brother who is also in the UK.

Question really is if MIL has two children of her own and FIL technically has three then MIL passes the balance of children test i.e. 50:50 so why can't they come out here?

What other options dowe have? They have a few bob in the bank but don't want to lodge the amount of money required to perhaps never see it back again so are not financially dependent on us and are both still in good health so no physical dependency either.

They spoke to a migration agent here in Perth when they were over on holiday last time but he had nothing positive to suggest for them. Really looking for a second opinion.

Guest guest36187
Call me dense, but are you saying that my MIL is automatically this girl's stepmother?

If you MIL is married to your FIL then they are step parents to each others kids.

Question really is if MIL has two children of her own and FIL technically has three then MIL passes the balance of children test i.e. 50:50 so why can't they come out here?

If MIL has 2 and FIL has 3 then thats 5 between them isnt it? Unless Im dense!! lol! If 3 of those 5 are in OZ then balance of family would be met. Thats how I understand it. Ask one of the agents who post on here to clarify ffor you

Guest Gollywobbler
Just looking for some advice as to options to get the in-laws out here.

FIL is 60 so too old for skilled migration and I understand too old for 457 sponsorship now.

Been told that balance of children test fails as he has a daughter by a previous marriage (no contact but in the UK) and then my wife has a brother who is also in the UK.

What other options dowe have? They have a few bob in the bank but don't want to lodge the amount of money required to perhaps never see it back again so are not financially dependent on us and are both still in good health so no physical dependency either.

They spoke to a migration agent here in Perth when they were over on holiday last time but he had nothing positive to suggest for them. Really looking for a second opinion.

Hi Abz

We had problems with my mother for several years because of the Balance of Family Test, owing to a step-child. My sister lives in Perth. Each year for about 10 years she consulted one migration agent after another. All of them said there was nothing they could do.

In 2005, I got the situation by the scruff of its neck myself instead of leaving any of it to other people, sorted it out and my mother now has a Contributory Parent sc 143 visa.

How many children do your MiL and FiL have between them, please? Is it 3 children altogether or 5 children altogether, please? Having confirmed how many children there are, where do all the children live, please? You can I can get to the bottom of the Balance of Family with the greatest of ease and all by ourselves, I assure you.

Cheers

Gill

Archived