Puzzled Roofer......

Guest KP Nuts

Guest KP Nuts

Now i really am puzzled cos i'm on the Modl, but iv'e just gone through the Oz yellow pages and can't find any Roof tiling / slating companies in it.

Now is it the fact that it's really expensive there, or is there no call for it as so much of the housing is done in metal an something called colour bond or do they just paint over it like a lot of them advertise.

Or do i go completely forget my trade an become a postie, like someone else has said he knew, who was a qualified electrician ( thats at least 5 years ) could'nt find work an is now working as a postie.

Is there any roofers already in Oz that may be able to help on this.

Yours, A Concerned Professional Roofer.

Mr KP Nut. 363p.gif

Guest jonseywife

Mmmmmmmmmm........ a professional you say ????!!! Dont you mean 0002005E.gif

Seriously, have you tried: SEEK - Australia's no. 1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site or Job Search - Australian jobs - Job listing - Find a job - CareerOne

Also we have found that they have diffrent job titles over in Oz..... like my OH is a plumber but on job searches it comes under sanitary plumber or roofing plumber or mechanical plumber. So you might have to trawl through the construction listings .... :goofy:

Guest KP Nuts

Hi Jonesywife, yes, went through all the job sites yesterday there was a couple of bits there, but not very specific about what the work entailed, but as i've said to LC i want to get as much info as i can here and now.

When i find out what i may actualy be doing, if an when we get there, while i'm here i can get new tools (if there cheaper here, nxt thing to look at, tool's) or perhaps even train up on something i may need when there.

As for this 0002005E.gif i work for too many indians to be one, they'd scalp me.

Mr KP Nut. 363p.gif

Guest jonseywife

yellow.com.au - Keyword Search - Business Listings

Try this link KP........ loads of Roofing Comapnies came up........... dont know where your heading, but change the location box on the right !!!!!!!

Anyhow, I dont know why im helping you, you snitched on me yesterday and got me into trouble with Mr Jonseywife.................. Thanks alot!!!!!! 00020080.gif

Guest KP Nuts

Ta, i'll try that.

OK just did that an all i got was an estate agent "realty" in adelaide.

Thanks for being helpfull i did'nt think he would take it out on you that bad, 00020080.gif

Where have you got your smileys from there brill.

Mr KP Nut. 363p.gif

Guest KP Nuts

OK OK i just did it again but put roofing, instead of business listings, confused yes at what you put in the 1st note.

Thank you.

Anywho i think i found yor sweet smiley im place, so nah nah ne nah 352p.gif 36_1_19.gif

Mr KP NUt. 363p.gif

Ps, none have them have got a blooming web or e-mail adress though, so to talk to them i'd have to ring OZ. an no just saying yearh either.

Guest kdal

Good Day Mr & Mrs KP Nut,

When we was in Oz, I noticed that alot of the roofs where like a corrugated metal apparently so that they can paint it and change the roof colour!!

They did have tile and timber roofs too though!!

Sorry it dont answer your question, but thought I would catch up with you just to remind you about the drinkie!!!!!!

Have a good day

p.s. I dont know how to do any of these pics you all do, you are all so clever

Guest jonseywife
l just tried the link too and it came up with roofers just fine, sorry! Thought l'd try it and change search critieria to plumbers.

Hi Lyn...... yeah as u know, my OH is a plumber too!!!!!!!!!

I thought it would be a good idea to send out OH's c.v. to all the local plumbing companies, just before we leave the UK then with any luck we might get some interviews straight away !!!!!!!!! Must be worth a try ???????

Mr KP....... I reckon your smillies still aint as good as mine!!!!!!! 000200C6.gif

Guest KP Nuts

I Bloomin well found your's now there locked in internet explorer which i cant open again, cos i dont like using it, i deleted it, it just pops up when it wants too.23_11_62.gif

Mr KP Nut. 363p.gif

Hi Lyn...... yeah as u know, my OH is a plumber too!!!!!!!!!

I thought it would be a good idea to send out OH's c.v. to all the local plumbing companies, just before we leave the UK then with any luck we might get some interviews straight away !!!!!!!!! Must be worth a try ???????

Same here! Although we aren't going permanent till Jan figured l could print a list off ready. We hope to go back out in Oct to try and line up a rental ready for then and wondered if it would be worth pointing this out in the hope that some might wanna meet him then, and you never know if anything came up we could try and find a way to go sooner. Am also so bl**dy bored and fed up today that l thought l'd try and do some useful rather than sit around moping!

Lyn x

Not all roofs are colourbond ,some are tiled ,have you tried contacting the companys who do the new build homes? if your a tiler how about a change and tile around pools ,a pom i know does this now and is unindated with work.good luck

Cal x

Archived