Nt SS timescale?

steven80

Hi Steven,

All aussie states will accept SS application once they release/publish their SMP lists which will happens after the election.

Better to check NT website for more info...

Hi Guys,

We are applying for a Nt SS this week, but does anybody know how long it will take before we have a result?

Can't find any info on that subject.

Help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Steven :biggrin:

Hi Steven,

All aussie states will accept SS application once they release/publish their SMP lists which will happens after the election.

Better to check NT website for more info...

I emailed with NT goverment, but they are accepting SS at this moment.

I will be applying this week.

Guest yorkh

Steven, I'd also head to submit application to NT, however not sure about some docs preparation like evidences of undertaken research about the NT, can you share some ideas please? and it seems NT asks for financial evidence in AUD, shall we have to exchange our currency prior to application?

Guest Mongobear

Is it really true that they want to see evidence that you have 65.000 bucks (in case of 2 adults / 1 kid) when you lodge an application? I also thought about applying for N.T. SS but I'm 31 and far far away from having 65.000 AU$ in the bank. I've saved a bit but by far not that much. So is it true, do I have to have the money? It would be ridiculous ... what should I spent all the money on in the N.T.? ;)

Guest yorkh

suppose so, from official notice it says the applicant must show the financial evidence which able to fund the family to live in the short term after landing

Guest Mongobear
suppose so, from official notice it says the applicant must show the financial evidence which able to fund the family to live in the short term after landing

65.000 AU$ for the short term after landing? I don't spend that much money during a whole year ... Somebody got a gun? I'd like to "withdraw" some money from my bank :wink:

Guest yorkh
65.000 AU$ for the short term after landing? I don't spend that much money during a whole year ... Somebody got a gun? I'd like to "withdraw" some money from my bank :wink:

depends on where you plan to live and how to live :wink:, state offcer will ask you for details about that when applying.

My friend told me 65k AUD sounds big number even for local Aussie residents, who have not that much money in the bank either.

Hi guys,

Yes you need to show certified copies of evidence, in $AUD of financial resources.

We have our own business and made a written statement. And certified copies of our assets. Such as mobilehome,cars, scooter.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Steven:biggrin:

I emailed with NT goverment, but they are accepting SS at this moment.

I will be applying this week.

Are you in Holland currently? or in Australia? I thought you need to work 6 months full time in your nominated occupation prior to applying. Pls clarify.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

So far no responce from Nt goverment. It seems they have updated their website and on the application they do not ask to show positive employment prospects.

They do say this on the update about :Sponsorship for GSM applications with occupations NOT on National SOL

Link: Sponsorship for GSM applications with occupations NOT on National SOL

We are not going to wait for a responce and are going to apply for a SS.

Cheers,

Steven

Hi there, we applied to NT a while ago and are still waiting for hear. we were told at the time of applying that the average time to process a sponsor application is 16 weeks so expect to hear soon.

yes you do have to show proof of funds which, fortunately we could evidence through certified copies of bank statements. remember if you migrate that you won't have any access to benefits/state funds for at least 2 years therefore if you can't find work you need sufficient funds to cover your living costs, rent, new car, furniture, food, medical care etc. plus the costs of relocating are quite high with flights and shipping personal belongings so the figure they ask for may seem high but is probably realistic for a back up plan.

good luck with your application

Jo

Hi sorry forgot to add re processing times...the 16 weeks we were told was obvioulsy based on their number of applications and processes at the time so that may have changed so just bear that in mind...it could be much quicker or longer now.

Jo

Hi Jo,

Thanks for that reply..

Did you apply for your visa straight away, or are you waiting for a possitive outcome before applying?

We will be applying for a 176 visa, but are in doubt of waiting for a possitive SS outcome before applying.

Cheers Steven:biggrin:

Hi Steven, its a bit of a long story but i originally applied for a 176 family sponsored visa back in May 2009. with all the changes in the priority processing and the new SOL (which my skills are not on) we thought it wise to apply for state sponsorship so if we get that we'll change our visa from family to state sponsored.

we are keeping our fingers cross that we get SS and then my occupation is on their SMP (when announced) and then move to cat 2 in priorities.

we chose NT because they were one of the only states with my occupation on their previous on demand list. so we thought our job prospects would be better and were happy to settle there.

in your case i guess it depends whether your skills are on SOL sch 3 or 4. if they are only on sch 4 then you have no option but to wait for the SMP and then apply for the SS, then the visa. if you are on the sch 3 then you'd only need the SS if you don't have 120points, if this is the case you'll have to have SS before you apply (i think). i'm pretty sure that in the new processes launched from 1 July the DIAC have introduced fees to change visa type, or you may even find that you have to apply for a brand new visa (i'm sure i read that somewhere and that would cost you another AU$2,000+).

sorry i can't remember for certain but i'm pretty sure that if you haven't alreday a lodged a visa than post 1 july 2010 you are better to get the SS first and then apply for the visa to avoid additional charges. you'll probably find the info on the DIAC site (its in there somewhere) or ask an agent and they'll let you know for sure.

jo

• 4 weeks later...
I just recieved an email from de NT Goverment that they have recieved my application and that it can take up to approx. 30 weeks!!

Hope to get an answer sooner ...but w'll have to wait and see.

Cheers Steven

My goodness!!! Thats ages!:shocked:

our 16 weeks were up on 13 September so i wrote to the NT government and they said my application was still in the queue for processing. they said that they had received an unprecedented high volume of applications and were therefore processing by priority - firstly looking at the employer sponsored regional applications followed by SS from people currently living in the NT. I was disappointed that they had not made any effort to update us of the procesing times.

part of me thinks i should look elsewhere if its going to take that long, some states review applications in less than 2 months. but then we want to go to the Nt and so don't want to jeopodise out application by complaining or looking elsewhere.

i suppose it doesn't make that much difference until the SMP for the NT is released but its still frustrating because our dream is in their hands...we just want to know the result!!

thanks for posting the update, i had lost the link so not been able to put my update on here.

lets hope they can wizz through applications sooner than 30 weeks :smile:

Jo

Archived