Back home after 1 yr in Aus

Guest mozziebite

Guest valleylass
You've summed up my feelings exactly. My biggest worry about going back is the social problems. I.e. crime, overcrowding, immigration problems plus the recession is still going strong. I can't see it getting any better with the national debt problem. We're hanging on for citizenship (17 months till we can apply) so the kids and us have a get out ticket if things deteriate in years to come.

Hi Gail

Just read through this thread and noticed something, please ignore this if I am mistaken but your tag suggests that you got your visa in February 2010 - is that right? If so you aren't 17 months away from citizenship but 3 and a half years, the requirement now is to be resident in Australia for 4 years before you can apply for citizenship.

Good luck with your decision making, it's a tough one isn't it?

Guest gail.crease
Hi Gail

Just read through this thread and noticed something, please ignore this if I am mistaken but your tag suggests that you got your visa in February 2010 - is that right? If so you aren't 17 months away from citizenship but 3 and a half years, the requirement now is to be resident in Australia for 4 years before you can apply for citizenship.

Good luck with your decision making, it's a tough one isn't it?

I'm not sure what tag your looking at but I got my visa in Jun 07 and moved here in Jan 08.

I even checked on the citzenship website to see the earliest date we can apply which was Jan 2012 LOL

Guest valleylass
I'm not sure what tag your looking at but I got my visa in Jun 07 and moved here in Jan 08.

I even checked on the citzenship website to see the earliest date we can apply which was Jan 2012 LOL

Just ignore my ramblings, I thought I was reading something by you and now I've checked it was northern pommy. I do sometimes struggle to know the difference between elbow and the other. :biggrin:

Archived