Calling all driving instructors!!!!!!!!!

simott101

Hi Folks,

my family and I are seriously looking at moving over to Brisbane (Redlands) to live.

Now my problem is, my lovely wife Angela is a very experienced Nurse, so employment for her I assume would be simple. How-ever.....I have a very successful Driving School over here in the UK, (Wales actually) which I have built up over the last 7yrs since leaving the British Army.

My question to anyone that can help is, does anyone on this site know of any Instructor in Brisbane that might be willing to chat to me about what I have to do to convert my skills to suite the Australian Gov? :policeman:

Also what life is like as an Instructor in Brisabane and also Redlands, as we have 2 kiddies aged 10 & 6, so, schooling or ANY advice would be so helpful. :biggrin:

We look forward to any helpful replies,

Si, Ange, Ben & Abs....

Guest guest30085

Hi There

Try the following links for info on Queensland registration:-

How to become an accredited driver and rider trainer

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/resources/file/eb31a94e51dd18c/Pdf_how_to_become_an_accredited_driver_trainer_feb2010.pdf

I looked into this for NSW about 5 years ago and I did read that there was a recognition of UK qualifications but I cant find the information sorry. But I will do some digging and see if I can find it. I took the Instructor Theory test in NSW about 5 years ago and it was basically the Learner theory test x 2. I got 89 out of 90 so not difficult. Nothing like the Uk Part 1 :)

I've just visited Perth and was talking to some relatives there and the going rate seemed to be $50 per hour and that the instructors included their travelling time to the pupil?? Would love to be able to get away with that here :biggrin:

Sorry I cant help more with Queensland but Im sure there will be plenty on here who can help with the going rate etc.

Best of luck with your plans

Gill

Archived