parents wanting to come to Oz for good.

tonyman

My parents want to join us here in sunny Perth .......the are both over 65 ,they looked into coming here on the waiting list as grandparents and now its a 22 yr wait(was 12 yrs lasy month) ...! the contribuity is about 2yrs but cost $35,000 ....EACH........plus the rest .....they come over every yr and want to be with their Grandchildren of 5 ......is there any other way around the system ......bridgeing has been mentioned but not too sure what that is ......im hoping GOLLYWOBLER will help as she is in the know as ive been told......hope someone can come up with a plan.......:unsure:

My parents want to join us here in sunny Perth .......the are both over 65 ,they looked into coming here on the waiting list as grandparents and now its a 22 yr wait(was 12 yrs lasy month) ...! the contribuity is about 2yrs but cost $35,000 ....EACH........plus the rest .....they come over every yr and want to be with their Grandchildren of 5 ......is there any other way around the system ......bridgeing has been mentioned but not too sure what that is ......im hoping GOLLYWOBLER will help as she is in the know as ive been told......hope someone can come up with a plan.......:unsure:

just want to get this thread back in the system , really need some help and advice guys .......

Guest guest36187

FIrstly how many brothers/sisters do you have and where do they live? Its called the balance of family test. Mum and Dad must have equal or more kids in Oz.

Eg: My parents got out here as there was one kid in uk and one in Oz

FIrstly how many brothers/sisters do you have and where do they live? Its called the balance of family test. Mum and Dad must have equal or more kids in Oz.

Eg: My parents got out here as there was one kid in uk and one in Oz

Joanne , same as you , one in each ......mother in law is coming too on the contributory, but mine just dont know where to start and they dont want to give the money away! thanks

Guest guest36187

Contributory Parent (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 173)

this is the DIMIA lick for the non-contributory parent visa.

Parent Visa Processing Priorities - Family - Visas & Immigration

Link regarding parent visa numbers and priorities

The non contributory parent visa has a LONG wait. Small amount of places V a large number of applicants.

Hope that the links provide some help of where to start x

Archived