Cat sitters

Guest smell32

Guest smell32

Hi there I have a question.

If we bring our 2 moggies with us, is there such a thing as cat sitters so we could go away and not worry about someone feeding them in our absence?

Sounds silly but bringing 2 cats and understand it will take us time to settle in and meet new people.

ta

Smell

Guest juliemtaylor

our local vet has the names and details of cat sitters that will come to your house and feed them etc, better if they are still settling in. The ones I saw were part of Cat Rescue local organisations or ex-Cats protection from UK!

Julie x

I had someone looking after my cat whilst I was away for a few weeks, they also brought my post in and made the house look occupied. They charged me $15 a day, compared to $12 a day for a cattery (who didn't bring in my post for me !!! )

Guest smell32

Thanks very much. I think if the cats (Nina and Frederick) have been in quarantine for 1 month, they may not wish to visit a cattery/kennels for a little while. I like the info on cat sitters. Thanks again.

You could look at Professional Pet Sitter Register for Australia & New Zealand for a list of registered pet sitters in your area.

Whilst we were away recently we used Home - Happy House Sitters where someone will come and live in your home and care for your pet free of charge. A couple of Kate's ex work colleagues (vets) offer their services in return for a roof over their head whilst they save for a mortgage. Also try Aussie House Sitters - House sitting in Australia and New Zealand

You could look at Professional Pet Sitter Register for Australia & New Zealand for a list of registered pet sitters in your area.

Whilst we were away recently we used Home - Happy House Sitters where someone will come and live in your home and care for your pet free of charge. A couple of Kate's ex work colleagues (vets) offer their services in return for a roof over their head whilst they save for a mortgage. Also try Aussie House Sitters - House sitting in Australia and New Zealand

I'm not sure that I would feel comfortable having a total stranger living in my house for weeks at a time.

Guest The Pom Queen
I'm not sure that I would feel comfortable having a total stranger living in my house for weeks at a time.

To be honest it is no different to having a pet sitter come in as they are still total strangers in your house. One thing about companies like house sitters is that a lot of the people are respected people in the community, we had a teacher at our sons school contact us (small world) we also had someone from Vic Police and the curator at Melbourne Museum, there was also another person who worked high up at the council office. I have ex colleagues who also house sit (veterinarians) A lot of the people have references from other people who have used them as well as having police checks. I would definitely use them again.:wubclub:

Archived