New Cat 4, will I ever get there?

ozwonderful

Dear all,

Just wondering what is the waiting period for this category? I am not State Sponsored and Family Sponsored. Just Independant Skill, listed on SOL Schedule 1,2. Even if the new SMP is out, and if my occupation is listed, is it true that I have to make a new visa application and pay again for the visa fee in order to be in Cat 2? Paying for the new fee is just too much for me, but staying in Cat 4, I might afraid I would be the next cap and cease applicant.

Please share...... Thanks. :sad:

Dear all,

Just wondering what is the waiting period for this category? I am not State Sponsored and Family Sponsored. Just Independant Skill, listed on SOL Schedule 1,2. Even if the new SMP is out, and if my occupation is listed, is it true that I have to make a new visa application and pay again for the visa fee in order to be in Cat 2? Paying for the new fee is just too much for me, but staying in Cat 4, I might afraid I would be the next cap and cease applicant.

Please share...... Thanks. :sad:

Unfortunately things are not looking so hot for Cat4 people now. Nothing official yet, but I would expect significant wait times, plus the potential for being the first to be chopped if Chris Evans is given too much power. If you can do anything to boost your chances, I personally would do it. I wouldn't withdraw your application though, just leave it sitting in the system.

Guest fearfactory

Im in the same bracket here. Just General Skilled 175 (Graphic Designer) so down the priority pan (so to speak) also. Cant imagine having to pay again as it would be a complete rip off otherwise, after already spending quite a fair bit on applying so far. Ive gone through an agent so not gonna get proverbial knickers in a twist until state lists are released. Not too keen on waiting (and wont wait) three years for my visa and not too keen on employer sponsorship either so caught between a rock and a hard place.

Im in the same bracket here. Just General Skilled 175 (Graphic Designer) so down the priority pan (so to speak) also. Cant imagine having to pay again as it would be a complete rip off otherwise, after already spending quite a fair bit on applying so far. Ive gone through an agent so not gonna get proverbial knickers in a twist until state lists are released. Not too keen on waiting (and wont wait) three years for my visa and not too keen on employer sponsorship either so caught between a rock and a hard place.

Whilst Employer Sponsor is not ideal, since you don't get PR right away, you would have the advantage of actually having a job the minute you get there. Also, some companies will offer help with relocation expenses. The final benefit is that it is the quickest way of getting a visa.

If your job does show up on SMP, then you have to decide how desperate you are to move to Oz. Is it worth an extra $2000+ in processing fees?

I am currently Cat3, with SS, awaiting the SMP to see if I am on there. If not, then even as a Cat3, I'm not holding my breath, and will move to Europe instead.

Archived