any nurses nurses working with addictions and or homelessness

z&p

Hi

is there anybody working as a nurse with addictions or homelessness in the Melbourne area I have a potential job interview coming up and wondered if anybody had experience on how things differ to the uk.

It would be great to hear from anybody, please!

THanks

Hi

is there anybody working as a nurse with addictions or homelessness in the Melbourne area I have a potential job interview coming up and wondered if anybody had experience on how things differ to the uk.

It would be great to hear from anybody, please!

THanks

just bumping it up as i have a confirmed interview monday:confused:

I had a feeling you may have seen this later than planned. Im 9 hours ahead of you, so its currently around 10pm on friday night. im not going to be in work now until monday. I will get there on your sunday night so will reply

www.vic.gov.au search for drug and alcohol services

www.dualdiagnosis.com.au VDDI

Wheres the interveiw???

The treatment is very medical model and generally medic lead > which bloody annoys me. For ETOH - Diazepam. For OPI - Suboxone, Bup and Meth. Cannabis withdrawal and methamphetamin withdrawal is worth a google - treated with diaz:err:.

Theres also a lot of gambling addiciton

They like the AA and NA model out here. SMART recovery is making a name for itself. Very little family work >> its on the cards

Most of this stuff is googleable.

Oh and they dont appear to like alternative/complementary therapy.......its very much drug orientated and quick fixes > But thats due to the medics

Archived