Back to manchester?

embydoops

Hi there is anyone moving back home to manchester?? we have lived here for around 3 months and are settling in well, only thing we miss about oz is family that emigrated there 4 yrs ago,we lived in sydney for 3 yrs and couldnt settle and missed the uk and the the english way of life.

Guest sunseekers

HI Guys..

Im thinking of returning to Poulton ( Nr Blackpool ) ...

Now your back, Honestly........Did you make the right choice going home ? im in a weird limbo of not knowing what the hell to do..

Reminds me of that song.

"If i stay there will be trouble but if i go it will be double " ha ha ...dont know where that came from x x

Guest chris955

There seems to be a common theme amongst returnees or undecided returnees and that is the lack of 'buzz'. For me there are many reasons we are moving and most are tangible commonsense things but there are also intangibles like it just not feeling right as if it lacking something.

Guest sunseekers
There seems to be a common theme amongst returnees or undecided returnees and that is the lack of 'buzz'. For me there are many reasons we are moving and most are tangible commonsense things but there are also intangibles like it just not feeling right as if it lacking something.

I find my decision to return makes absolutely no sense ( common sense wise), its very difficult to describe what i miss except words like "buzz" "grit""part of It""alive"...seem to feel whats missing..

Col x

Guest mirry

Hiya

What is Manchester like now?? We have been here in Oz for 5 years and, although we have enjoyed it , we have slowly become more and more homesick. We are from Sheffield but my hubby has seen a job in Manchester. He says we should live in Cheshire.

Just like to hear what you think about the good ole UK scene.

Mirry

Proud to be a Yorkshire Lass

Guest leon17

My mum who lives on the outskirts and keeps me updated says there just trying to make the city center better,

more city center flats

working to extending the tram/metrolink to places like Oldham, Rochdale and Manchester Airport.

Surely you should be on the "poms in UK" site!!

We are off to Melbourne in a few weeks and can't wait but it's interesting to her from another perspective, people that have come back, did you all go to Australia expecting to stay or was in a short term move from outset?

Hiya

What is Manchester like now?? We have been here in Oz for 5 years and, although we have enjoyed it , we have slowly become more and more homesick. We are from Sheffield but my hubby has seen a job in Manchester. He says we should live in Cheshire.

Just like to hear what you think about the good ole UK scene.

Mirry

Crazy thing for me is I keep playing Mancunian way by Take That in the car and it's making me even more homesick-and I'm not even from Manchester....lol!

For us the UK has what we find Oz doesn't and that's atmosphere. Great for a holiday but the thought of being here forever makes me shudder. Going home in under 5 weeks.:jiggy:

We are from Sheffield.

we came from Sheffield too in 1970, I always said I would return to my roots when I had enough money to start life again there, but when I got the money together, I had settled down, it took me at least 5 years to get over the bouts of homesickness.

After returning to my old town again for a visit in 92, it took me two days to realise that we had made a wise choice coming to Oz, 40 years later, I still think that, but it's not for everyone, and I'm not sure I would do it all again, as families are a very precious thing.

we came from Sheffield too in 1970, I always said I would return to my roots when I had enough money to start life again there, but when I got the money together, I had settled down, it took me at least 5 years to get over the bouts of homesickness.

After returning to my old town again for a visit in 92, it took me two days to realise that we had made a wise choice coming to Oz, 40 years later, I still think that, but it's not for everyone, and I'm not sure I would do it all again, as families are a very precious thing.

Da wud and da nos da wud mmate

dees are spiders dees are lol

or have you lost the dee daa mate

MALLY

Archived