tools

Guest kinglouis

Guest kinglouis

Hey,

I have been reading the different threads about shipping tools out to OZ, can anyone confirm that they have to be in mint condition? I am a Plumber hopefully heading out very soon to Melbourne. We have completed our police checks and medicals and are just waiting to see if our visa is going to be granted, if any one is out in OZ and can confirm one way or the other about shipping tools and if it is worth it that would be cool

Many thanks

Sean .

OH's tools* were old and far from glistening, and they got through without any problem. This might have been luck, or it might be that we are cleaner than I thought!:no:

It's worth taking sensible precautions. Customs are concerned about nasty 'things' being imported along with garden/work tools, which is great, not that they look brand new.

OH was discussing the quality of tools here, and he's glad he brought his (has heaps, doesn't use even 1/6 of them!). Tools made here are just not as good apparently.

LC

* Why does that word make me titter?

Guest Fat Boy Fat

I always keep my tool clean just in case someone wants to inspect it. Lets face it nobody wants to have or use a dirty tool.

Guest michele'n'michael
Hey,

I have been reading the different threads about shipping tools out to OZ, can anyone confirm that they have to be in mint condition? I am a Plumber hopefully heading out very soon to Melbourne. We have completed our police checks and medicals and are just waiting to see if our visa is going to be granted, if any one is out in OZ and can confirm one way or the other about shipping tools and if it is worth it that would be cool

Many thanks

Sean .

This may sound daft but did all you new Ozzies take tools with you or in a container?? Michx

Guest kinglouis

Thanks guys for all the advice I think I may just give them a good clean not that they are really dirty and take a chance

thanks again

Guest kinglouis

Thanks a million I think Ii will chance it most of my stuff is nearly new ish

Cheers for replying to my thread,

Sean

Archived