SOL & change of ANZSCO code

thekevjones

Hi All,

I've lost touch a little with my visa application of late. In fact since 2yrs ago when it was lodged and heard nothing positive since!

Having just reviewed the latest SOL that came into effect on July 1st I see the ASCO codes seem to have changed.

I was assessed by the ACS in 2008 and certified for migration under 2231-15 as a 'software designer'.

The new IT related ANZSCO codes pretty much identical to my profession and experience are:

261112 - Systems analyst

261311 - Analyst programmer

261312 - Developer programmer

261313 - Software engineer

263311 - Telecommunications engineer

So MY QUESTIONS are:

a) will my visa continue to be ignored under 2231-15 since the skill is not recognised?

b) should I and can I change my application from 2231-15 to one of the (more relevant) codes above? Would this be lodged with ACS and/or DIAC?

Appreciate any comments?

Thanks

Kev

Guest grooovy

Hi, Kev!

The same situation is with my application:

I was assessed as a Systems Designer which is now "equal" to Systems Analyst.

... and the same questions.

I appreciate any comments... especially about priority processing arrangements for people like me.

Kind regards,

Alex

Guest brads
Hi All,

I've lost touch a little with my visa application of late. In fact since 2yrs ago when it was lodged and heard nothing positive since!

Having just reviewed the latest SOL that came into effect on July 1st I see the ASCO codes seem to have changed.

I was assessed by the ACS in 2008 and certified for migration under 2231-15 as a 'software designer'.

The new IT related ANZSCO codes pretty much identical to my profession and experience are:

261112 - Systems analyst

261311 - Analyst programmer

261312 - Developer programmer

261313 - Software engineer

263311 - Telecommunications engineer

So MY QUESTIONS are:

a) will my visa continue to be ignored under 2231-15 since the skill is not recognised?

b) should I and can I change my application from 2231-15 to one of the (more relevant) codes above? Would this be lodged with ACS and/or DIAC?

Appreciate any comments?

Thanks

Kev

Hi

Theres soooo many applications 'in the system' and also haven't heard anything for 2 years, but the goverment say that you will be processed within 3 years so you should be looked at within the next 12 months if your application is already in the system.

I think to re-apply you will put your self back 2 years and will have to wait the 3 years again, from what I have read on here they no longer allow applications to cross over from one to another.

My skill was on the modl list when I applied in 2008, as from 1 July '10 it no longer exsists under any code !!!!!! So I'm a bit like you, will just have to sit and wait. If your skill was on the CSL when you applied you may get looked at before me, the e:mails you get from adelaide show they are still processing CSL applicants in the same order, its just no new applications will now be allowed from the CSL or MODL because they no longer exsist.

The wait is awful but theres nothing we can do :arghh:

Guest grooovy

Hi Kev!

A few days ago I wrote a PLE and have got the following answer:

I am unable to say what the new prioritisation directions will be and therefore how they will affect your application. The processing directions have not yet been changed according to the new SOL so it may be better to wait until they are changed.
My wishful interpretation is that, the last sentence tips that maybe new SOL applicants will have higher priority than Categories 6-7. The question is: whether this will apply to new applications only?

Kind regards,

Alex

Archived