176/ 175 dilemma

Hi everyone

Thanks for all the advice I've been reading for a newbie to the forum! It seems I got my positive skills assessment just in time for all the rules to change! Having waited for 1st July, my question now, is it worth me putting in an application for a 175 visa to go into the pool on 115points? Can I then change to a 176 application when (if?) WA state sponsorship application reopens? Otherwise feel I am just doing nothing, but don't want to do it if sitting in the visa pool is a waste of time?

Thanks for any help, am trying not to screaaammm!

:unsure:

Guest AustrAnglian

Hi Malkitek, I'm in the same position with insufficient points waiting for the new SMPs to be published. This is my first attempt at a link so bear with me:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/78424-thread-agents-only-re-new-gsm-changes-10.html#post787109

Alternatively if you go to the Agents-only GSM sticky thread then on page 10 on 18 June George Lombard gives an analysis of comlaw information on the new visa regulations where he believes it will not be possible to move between GSM visa classes any more, so if you apply for a 175 you won't be able to later move to a 176 - it would need to be a fresh application. The DIAC website also states for the 176 that you need State Sponsorship before you apply for the 176. I'd wait a little longer until the agents confirm definitively if this read of the comlaw is correct.

Rgds, Simon.

Archived