Will a SS list run alongside a SMP list?

crispysince70

Guest 666dame
I keep thinking that I've sussed it in my head, then I read something else and get confused again.

So back to the question, will each state have their own SS list AND their own SMP list or will their new SMP list take over from their old SS list?

There will definitely be a SS list alongside the SMP list, together with:

SPL (State possible list)

SCBL (State could be list)

SMBNSL (State maybe but not sure list)

SOIAMYL (....)

:twitcy:

Guest Jane1991
There will definitely be a SS list alongside the SMP list, together with:

SPL (State possible list)

SCBL (State could be list)

SMBNSL (State maybe but not sure list)

SOIAMYL (....)

:twitcy:

I am not sure about more lists but I sure could do with more humor

Guest 666dame
I am not sure about more lists but I sure could do with more humor

Try watching England Vs Germany then

:sad:

Crispysince70

Couple of days ago I rang WA Migration Center and asked very similar question. Reply I got is " Once WA SS on-line application becomes available ( some where near July 15) there will be only one list, and there will no no difference between SMP and SS i.e. Class 176 Visa.". SS will be for SMP only.

So I asked why on DIAC website SMP has processing priority two and SS is on thirs priority. Answer I got " if any state opens SS application for new SOL, before SMP agreed and announced, this will be SS for Visa class 176".

Crispysince70

Couple of days ago I rang WA Migration Center and asked very similar question. Reply I got is " Once WA SS on-line application becomes available ( some where near July 15) there will be only one list, and there will no no difference between SMP and SS i.e. Class 176 Visa.". SS will be for SMP only.

So I asked why on DIAC website SMP has processing priority two and SS is on thirs priority. Answer I got " if any state opens SS application for new SOL, before SMP agreed and announced, this will be SS for Visa class 176".

Hey

By any chance did they mention anything about the 475 visa ? Does this lapse or will this still continue as it is at the moment ? I saw two NSW list and was wondering what was the difference.

Crispysince70

I liked your answer (wether it be right or wrong) :biggrin:

Guest bcfrug

Does this mean if you already have been granted State Sponsership to WA you will be fast tracked into Category 2 Processing as you will already have your SMP/SS granted. ????

Anyone any ideas on this?:confused:

bcfrug

can't answer this specifically

What I sense from my conversation, these new rule are for SS application file after July 1.

However, saying that this maybe true for SS already granted but DIAC application still not filed

Most of my discussion related to SS aplication that will be filed after July 1 under new rules

We have to wait few more days for Clarity

paulswin

I asked this specifically and told by WA representative that there will be delay in on-line system become avaliable and main reaosn is delay in agreement on SMP, delay of two to three weeks.

There is great uncertanity around and things will be clear by July 1

Guest Gollywobbler
Does this mean if you already have been granted State Sponsership to WA you will be fast tracked into Category 2 Processing as you will already have your SMP/SS granted. ????

Anyone any ideas on this?:confused:

Hi bcfrug

Is your occupation on the new SOL, please?

A couple of weeks ago, one of the Agents said that the feedback he had heard from the sponsorship people in the various States was that they couldn't see any point in asking that people should make separate applications for SMP sponsorship if they already had ordinary State sponsorship.

However, please see the thread below:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/89119-nsw-state-migration-plan.html

At the time when my own question was answered, everyone was expecting that the SMPs would be wider than George Lombard reckons the NSW SMP is. Query: are those two lists the SMP for NSW, though?

Now Dooodi has been told that WA will only produce one list, which will be drawn from the new SOL alone and will be the SMP and the SS list for WA rolled together. If that is correct, presumably the people who have SS but whose occupations are not on the new SOL have no chance of being included in the SMP for WA. In that situation, this group would be in processing priority Category 5 and can expect a 3 year wait unless the Minister for Immi Caps & Kills their applications first.

The Minister for Immi would get the sack from any profit-making business if he tried to run that with the chaos and confusion that have become the hallmarks of his bungling, fumbling attempts to run Australia's Immigration Policy and Procedures, it seems to me.

So - is your occupation on the new SOL, please?

Cheers

Gill

Cheers

Gill

Is that right WA is only producing one list, occupations that are already on the new sol? My hubbys occupation is not on new SOL (floor finisher) so the SMP is not going to be any good for us?? I thought they were picking other occupations as well as ones on the new sol??

Guest bcfrug
Hi bcfrug

Is your occupation on the new SOL, please?

A couple of weeks ago, one of the Agents said that the feedback he had heard from the sponsorship people in the various States was that they couldn't see any point in asking that people should make separate applications for SMP sponsorship if they already had ordinary State sponsorship.

However, please see the thread below:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/89119-nsw-state-migration-plan.html

At the time when my own question was answered, everyone was expecting that the SMPs would be wider than George Lombard reckons the NSW SMP is. Query: are those two lists the SMP for NSW, though?

Now Dooodi has been told that WA will only produce one list, which will be drawn from the new SOL alone and will be the SMP and the SS list for WA rolled together. If that is correct, presumably the people who have SS but whose occupations are not on the new SOL have no chance of being included in the SMP for WA. In that situation, this group would be in processing priority Category 5 and can expect a 3 year wait unless the Minister for Immi Caps & Kills their applications first.

The Minister for Immi would get the sack from any profit-making business if he tried to run that with the chaos and confusion that have become the hallmarks of his bungling, fumbling attempts to run Australia's Immigration Policy and Procedures, it seems to me.

So - is your occupation on the new SOL, please?

Cheers

Gill

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill,

My occupation is not on the new SOL but i have been granted State Sponsership 3 weeks ago to WA.

I also have changed my visa application from 176/5 with the state sponsership grant. My occupation was on the old State Sponsership list and im hoping it is on the new SMP.

If im on the new SMP i will be certainly be fast tracked to Cat 2 but the question is if im not on the SMP what will happen. I think my occupation will be on the new SMP as its a mining occupation (FITTER) but would i need to apply for the SMP then or would my SS transfer straight accross.

I know so many questions but what will happen. The suspense is killing me :wacko:

Gill

I rang again to WA migaration center again this morning and they are insisting that there will be no distinction between SMP and Visa class 176 once SMP plan apporved, but they are not passing any information on occupations to be included in SMP. SMP can have occupations as per ENSOL or SOL

Further, agian I am told that WA SMP is delayed, and on-line application system become alive once SMP apporved.

Only GOD knows the truth

Guest dragsterwish

Hi Doodi, thanks for sharing the info. Understand from your conversation with WA that WA's SMP & their SS list are the same. I suppose it is clear for new SS/SMP applicant.

What about those whom WA has already granted SS? Did they reveal what's the fate of this group of SS applicants?

I guess that's what many of us here are very concern about. If only they can shed light on this aspect...

Dragsterwish

Most of my queries for SS applications will be filed after July 1

Truley speaking, I am waiting to apply SS after July 1 therefore didn't riase any query for already granted SS

Not much help this time

Archived