Dogs can you organise it yourself

20yrspommie

Hi

I am trying to organise to take my dog back to Sydney and so far seems to be double the price than it cost to bring her to the UK, she is 7yrs old Golden retreiver , has anyone done it themselves ie organised all the paperwork and blood tests without a pet removal company. I was told by one thats its not possible you have to use a per shipper but thought worth asking the question especially if its possible to save on costs

Thanks any advice appreciated

Yes exactly what I was thinking, WHY does it cost twice as much to take them out as it does to bring them here???? It will cost us twice as much to take a little cat in a box, in the hold, than it will cost to take an adult in a seat with food service. WHY WHY WHY

I would organise my own if I knew how. Hope it's possible. Anybody know please.

Thanks

Yes exactly what I was thinking, WHY does it cost twice as much to take them out as it does to bring them here???? It will cost us twice as much to take a little cat in a box, in the hold, than it will cost to take an adult in a seat with food service. WHY WHY WHY

I would organise my own if I knew how. Hope it's possible. Anybody know please.

Thanks

Its freight and do it yourself ,although i dont think you can the cost wont be much less

20yrspommie,

I have been googling and found this. Looks a bit complicated but will study it.

information package 2: minimum 30 days in australian quarantine - DAFF

Best wishes Metoo

Thanks , I will too so far I have had a quote from Singapore Air that was 1700 pounds but of course you have to add all the other costs on so maybe it isnt any cheaper , anyway I will keep looking

cheers

Guest danyallface

Hi,

We are heading out next February and I am going to have a go at doing it myself. This pack details everything and if you work through it it isn't that difficult (I hope!!!)

This is everything I can see that we need to do. I don't think there is anything I have missed but I have just put a thread on here asking someone who has already done it just in case.

• Shipping
  • DEFRA Export Certificate - Part A and B
  • AQIS Import Certificate
  • Blood Tests, Boosters, Microchips and Parasite Treatments

These are the prices I have estimated for my two standard size Staffordshire Bull Terriers.

PLEASE REMEMBER ALL OF THESE PRICES ARE FOR TWO DOGS SO YOU SHOULD GET CHEAPER.

Shipping

£2300 for both dogs - this price from Air Supply Shipping is the best we've had for both dogs.

• Vet sealing at airport
  • Completion of Export Certificate part B
  • Crates
  • Flights
  • Airline fees
  • Transit

All of the following we are going to do ourselves.

AQIS Import Permit

£300 ish for both dogs.

(the Shipping Firm wanted £200 extra for them to complete the form - surely it's not that hard!!)

Electronic lodgement (eLodgement)

Service

Lodgement

Assessment

Total (AUD)

First cat or dog in a consignment

$85.00

$240.00

$325.00

For each additional animal thereafter in the same consignment

$85.00

$80.00

$165.00

Quarantine

£1540 for both dogs

• Quarantine entry
  • Vet inspection
  • All paperwork
  • Accommodation

Vets

This vet bill is the only bit I haven't got a quote on yet but this is what you need. Again on my other post I have asked people what they were charged just so I can make sure my vet doesn't rip me off!

The shipping firm wanted over £250 per dog and I hope my vet will charge a lot less than that!

Microchipped (mine are already done but it's not expensive...£20 or so)

Vaccinations (all of which apart from Kennel Cough are usually in the yearly booster which is around £40 per dog at my vets)

• Distemper
  • Infectious hepatitis
  • Canine parvovirus (parvo)
  • Para-influenza
  • Bordetella bronchiseptica (kennel cough).

Blood Tests (price not known yet?)

ehrlichiosis (tropical canine pancytopaenia)

brucellosis

leishmaniosis

leptospirosis

2x external and internal parasite treatments (again don't know cost?)

• 1st 30 days before departure
  • 2nd a few days before departure

Export Cert Part A (again don't know cost)

• You vets should complete this at the final appointment when they have their last lot of parasite treatments as the blood test results will be back.

So minus the vet bills I am currently at £4100....inc the vet bills £??? I had some firms quoting me £5k for just the flights!!!

Hope this helps!!

Guest SunshineSmile

Just be aware that you should not vaccinate your dog against leptospirosis if you are within 6 months of travelling.. otherwise the blood test on departure will show positive for it and they wont let you in. Its given separately when you vaccinate anyway, is not part of the 7 in 1 shot that they get so its no problem, just tell your vet at time of vaccination. If they already had the shot and you are travelling shortly, dont worry they just usually keep checking bloods until they get a negative.

However lepto is NOT NICE for a dog to suffer, so make sure they get the shot for it when you arrive in Oz.

Also as soon you get there.. make sure they get rabies shots, as you cannot come back into UK for 6 months after having them (you never know, you might want to come home) Also you would want to protect them anyway!

If they are not vaccinated against rabies there return entry to Uk involves 6 months quarantine.

Hope this helps :wink:

Hi,

We are heading out next February and I am going to have a go at doing it myself. This pack details everything and if you work through it it isn't that difficult (I hope!!!)

This is everything I can see that we need to do. I don't think there is anything I have missed but I have just put a thread on here asking someone who has already done it just in case.

• Shipping

• DEFRA Export Certificate - Part A and B

• AQIS Import Certificate

• Blood Tests, Boosters, Microchips and Parasite Treatments

These are the prices I have estimated for my two standard size Staffordshire Bull Terriers.

PLEASE REMEMBER ALL OF THESE PRICES ARE FOR TWO DOGS SO YOU SHOULD GET CHEAPER.

Shipping

£2300 for both dogs - this price from Air Supply Shipping is the best we've had for both dogs.

• Vet sealing at airport

• Completion of Export Certificate part B

• Crates

• Flights

• Airline fees

• Transit

All of the following we are going to do ourselves.

AQIS Import Permit

£300 ish for both dogs.

(the Shipping Firm wanted £200 extra for them to complete the form - surely it's not that hard!!)

Electronic lodgement (eLodgement)

Service

Lodgement

Assessment

Total (AUD)

First cat or dog in a consignment

$85.00

$240.00

$325.00

For each additional animal thereafter in the same consignment

$85.00

$80.00

$165.00

Quarantine

£1540 for both dogs

• Quarantine entry

• Vet inspection

• All paperwork

• Accommodation

Vets

This vet bill is the only bit I haven't got a quote on yet but this is what you need. Again on my other post I have asked people what they were charged just so I can make sure my vet doesn't rip me off!

The shipping firm wanted over £250 per dog and I hope my vet will charge a lot less than that!

Microchipped (mine are already done but it's not expensive...£20 or so)

Vaccinations (all of which apart from Kennel Cough are usually in the yearly booster which is around £40 per dog at my vets)

• Distemper

• Infectious hepatitis

• Canine parvovirus (parvo)

• Para-influenza

• Bordetella bronchiseptica (kennel cough).

Blood Tests (price not known yet?)

ehrlichiosis (tropical canine pancytopaenia)

brucellosis

leishmaniosis

leptospirosis

2x external and internal parasite treatments (again don't know cost?)

• 1st 30 days before departure

• 2nd a few days before departure

Export Cert Part A (again don't know cost)

• You vets should complete this at the final appointment when they have their last lot of parasite treatments as the blood test results will be back.

So minus the vet bills I am currently at £4100....inc the vet bills £??? I had some firms quoting me £5k for just the flights!!!

Hope this helps!!

Thanks thats really helpful

Archived