New List of 457 Occupations Announced

George Lombard

f This is as long as expected but with scope, it would seem, for future expansion below ANZSCO Group Level 3, suggesting that the Labour Agreement pathway hasn't been as successful as hoped, since there are Group Level 4, 5 and 6 occupations at the end.

See http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/legislation/LegislativeInstrument1.nsf/0/975751D41E27FC88CA25774A0013EC8A/$file/10032LI.pd

Cheers,

George Lombard

Guest Dotsy

Thanks for posting this! This may be a stupid question, but what do the different Group Levels mean?

thanks again!

Guest english reject

Morning all, Mr Lombard can you please explain it in plain english ( Iam a bit dim ). We have applied for a 176 WA SS 43111, how will it affect me ?????????????.

Thanks for all your help. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

ER

Morning all, Mr Lombard can you please explain it in plain english ( Iam a bit dim ). We have applied for a 176 WA SS 43111, how will it affect me ?????????????.

Thanks for all your help. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

ER

It will not affect you as you have applied for a sc176. This is only for new visa applicants 457.

Guest jessijessi

what is 457 ?

two years short term visa under employer sponsorship?

Seems impossible to me.

Hiya,

I am totally confused with all these different lists!! Can someone please help me.

My occupation is on this list - schedule 1 - ANZSCO Group Level 3. So what does this actaully mean for me? Can I make an application on a 457 visa - and what exactly is the 457 visa? lol!! Is this State Sponsored and what will I need to do to apply? Also are these lists to stay as they are or are they going change annually?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Lainey.

Hiya,

I am totally confused with all these different lists!! Can someone please help me.

My occupation is on this list - schedule 1 - ANZSCO Group Level 3. So what does this actaully mean for me? Can I make an application on a 457 visa - and what exactly is the 457 visa? lol!! Is this State Sponsored and what will I need to do to apply? Also are these lists to stay as they are or are they going change annually?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Lainey.

Lainey

457 is an Employer sponsored visa. For this, you need to find a suitable job before you can apply for this. For the new State Sponsored (SMP), you will have to look at the attached link http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/legislation/LegislativeInstrument1.nsf/0/975751D41E27FC88CA25774A0013EC8A/$file/10032LI.pdf SCHEDULE 4. After you see your occupation in that list, you will have to wait for the State's to release their list. If you occupation is on the State's list, you can apply for a State Sponsored visa.

Sorry, but my hubby has a question about 457 visas, can anyone answer it?

Hubby is a Highways Technician for our Local Authorirty and due to finish his civil engineering degree next May, and is nearly 45 years old. His question is - if a local Authority within a state, (say SA for example) liked the look of his CV and work experience would he be able to get employer sponsorship even though his job title is not on any list and he is over 44 years of age, but the employer would higher him?

Thanks inadvance.

Lainey

Thanks for posting this. I have a question though.

My employer has lodged nomination application last week for program administrator 329211 which I couldn't find in this new list. How will this affect the nomination application and my visa application?

Any help is appreciated. thanks.

Archived