Moving to Perth beginning of August

lisaharrison

Hi,

Me and my twin boys aged 9 are emigrating to Perth soon!! Husband already been living and working there for the last 6 weeks!

Can anyone recommend the best place to find temporary accommodation until furniture arrives? Looking at Kinross area - although obviously flexible!

Thanks, Lisa:biggrin:

Guest lalalaliza

Hi Lisa

Here is an email of a company that does short term lets for people moving over. gtiedith@gmail.com i have booked a house in Clarkson for 2 weeks for when we first arrive. She will sent pics and things of diffrent houses if you ask her.

I am leaing in Sept, how about you? What does your husband think of Perth so far then?

Liza

Hi Liza, many thanks for the email - will email her this morning.

Hoping to fly 2nd August!!! Very excited. Steve loves it out there - getting into the swing of work and can't wait for us to get there. Don't know about you but life just feels on hold at the moment.

Whats your situation - why Perth? Have you got a job? etc. etc.

Love Lisa

Guest lalalaliza

Yes I feel like my life has been on hold for a very long time and still have to wait till 21 sept before we leave then I dont think I will feel settled for a while but I think it will be worth it in the end. We thought Perth as we have been to most places in oz and loved Perth, also plently of work for my husband there so it seems like a good choice. How about you what made yous go for Perth? What does your husband do?

Liza

Ps Where are you from in the uk?

Hiya Liza,

I live in Rugby at the mo.

Husband is a civil engineer - lays waterproof lining in mines, dams etc (not very exciting! lol).

We ran a business in this line over here but the weather meant it was a constant struggle. Decided to send CV around and he was approached by a company in Oz.

Neither of us had every been!

Went across in April - went to Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and then finally Perth. Originally was going to be based in Melbourne but then it all changed to Perth. Pleased about that as prefer Perth.

What does your husband do? Are you going to look for work - I will be but haven't got a clue doing what lol!

See you are all the way in Scotland - if you are ever coming South before the end of July give me a shout. I emailed Edith - she has replied with a few questions so we'll see if she has anything. Got a potential house at Quinns Rock - they are charging $500/week - but I have just noticed on another website they are advertising it for $365??? I have queried - don't you just hate the British! lol.

Speak soon

Lisa x

Guest lalalaliza

Perth is an amazing place I am just hoping i like it as much this time as i did before. last time i didnt have a 18 month old with me so it may not be so easy this time.

My husband is a diesel fitter, there is lots of work for him in perth so fingers crossed he gets something straight away he leaves 2 weeks before us so he is hoping to find something then. I am planning to work to but will have to get my son settled into a nursery before i even think about it. I am a nursey nurse but not sure what kind of job i will be looking for either. Also have a background in graphic design so i will figure it out when i am over there.

Thanks if your ever up this end of the country give me a shout but i suppose you will be busy with getting sorted for the move. I just had the shipping comany in today so i have had a crazy day, very stressful. I am glad its over i just hope to see all our stuff again in one piece!!

Quinns rocks looks nice( well what i have seen on the estate agents pages) $500 per week seems ok is that just short term? Rentals seems soooo expensive over there compared to here dont know about you but I could live in a lovely house from where i am from for that.

Liza

Hiya, yeah I agree I think property prices are expensive - was hoping it would be cheaper but hey ho! Hopefully we'll find other things over there cheaper to compensate! Fuels cheap!

Which shipping company are you using? I have decided on PPS - they are very good and so far the most reasonable - we are taking the car too - if you want the contact details let me know.

When you're hubby gets over for his two weeks let me know - I know how lonely Steve has been - he could come over for a BBQ (weather permitting)! Apparently is was 1 degree last night!

Speak soon.

Love

Lisa

Guest lalalaliza

We just had the shipping company in yesterday our things will arrive about the same time as us. we used RSS we seem to have alot more things then we thought!!! your house is empty we are staying with my dad till sept.

Yes i will let you when my husband is heading over. Where is he staying just now?

Are you on facebook? if you are its maybe easier to chat on there my user name is liza.paterson if you want to add me

Liza

Hiya,

Yeah will add you on facebook.

That makes sense sending stuff over in good time - we will have to wait 6-9 weeks -nightmare - don't forget when you emigrate you can take more baggage allowance than normal apparently. My suitcase just won't be big enough lol.

Steve is staying in Scarborough at the moment - bit of a "backpackers" suburb - not my most favourite place!

Confirmed accomm from 1st Aug this morning - now starting to feel real!

Catch you on facebook later - always on there as I am now a sad cow as spend so much time on my own lol

Lisa x

We're (me, wife and boys aged 8 and 5) going 19th August. A friend from school is going to put us up for a few weeks whilst we find a longer term rental so should save us a wee bit.

We've settled on a few NOR suburbs, Connolly, Mullaloo, Edgewater, Joondalup but suppose you cant really tell too much until you're there. Quinns Rocks looked a bit far out of Perth for me as likely to be working in CBD.

Good luck when you arrive

Michael

• 1 month later...
Guest Sarahjay

First time using a forum not quite sure what I am doing:confused:

Hi me my husband and our 3 children 8, 5, 1 years are emigrating to Perth plan to arrive end of September 2010 just waiting for visa.

I have never been husband went for a couple of weeks back in February where he managed to find a sponsor.

We are looking North Perth would like to be close to the beach 10 min drive ok but just want a really family friendly area to live?

I have heard good and bad about schools in oz anyone have any recommendations??

:smile: looking forward to the adventure (except the 19 hour flight with 3 kids)

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest matlor80

Hi,

All of you seem to be heading to places we are hoping to settle in, wish you all the best:biggrin:

We have only just started the ball rolling so it will be a while before we get there.:sad:

Hope you will still log on to pomsinoz so you can give us all info on how things really are down under!!

Travelling with 3 kids won't be that bad - you want to try 4!!

Archived