176 Family or State Sponsorship?

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can help please. We were going to apply for a 176 Family sponsored visa but think it would be a better option to have state sponsorship instead as this seems quicker.Is it worth putting in our application on July 1st with family sponsorship and at the same time apply for state sponsorship and when that is granted (hopefully) we can then change it? that way our application will at least be in the system sooner. Also do we have to live in the state where our family sponsors live which is Perth? we were really keen on Perth but now fancy Brisbane instead but we won't know if hubby's trade-Carpenter will be on the new SMP for Brisbane waiting like everyone else to find out.

Also just one more question sorry for rambling on but if you get state sponsorship say in Perth and then get a job offer or want to move to another state ie Queensland could we. I know it says you should stay in the state for two years is this more of a moral obligation rather than set in stone and a must do? I am sure I read it somewhere on another thread that you don't have to stay in that state but I can't find it anymore. Can someone clarify please?

Thank you in Advance

Veronica

Carpentry Vetasses passed 25/05/10:biggrin:

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can help please. We were going to apply for a 176 Family sponsored visa but think it would be a better option to have state sponsorship instead as this seems quicker.Is it worth putting in our application on July 1st with family sponsorship and at the same time apply for state sponsorship and when that is granted (hopefully) we can then change it? that way our application will at least be in the system sooner. Also do we have to live in the state where our family sponsors live which is Perth? we were really keen on Perth but now fancy Brisbane instead but we won't know if hubby's trade-Carpenter will be on the new SMP for Brisbane waiting like everyone else to find out.

Also just one more question sorry for rambling on but if you get state sponsorship say in Perth and then get a job offer or want to move to another state ie Queensland could we. I know it says you should stay in the state for two years is this more of a moral obligation rather than set in stone and a must do? I am sure I read it somewhere on another thread that you don't have to stay in that state but I can't find it anymore. Can someone clarify please?

Thank you in Advance

Veronica

Carpentry Vetasses passed 25/05/10:biggrin:

Hi Veronica,

Yes, State Sponsorship is faster than the Family Sponsored 176. Besides, with the current scenario, State Sponsorship 176 is also safer way. Yes, you can lodge your application and then include the State Sponsorship after obtaining their approval, at a later date.

If you go by Family sponsorship, you do not have to stay in the same state, you can live anywhere you like. However, if you decide to go by State Sponsorship, you will have to live in that particular state for a period of 2 years regardless of whether you get a job offer from another state. It is a moral obligation since the state is sponsoring you for you to work for their benefit,. Some states also do some checks and therefore it has now become a kind of a necessity to live in the sponsoring state for 2 years. If however, you cannot get a job in the sponsoring state, you can intimate them accordingly and prove your statement, they do usually let you move.

• 1 month later...
Guest Lankan1
Hi Veronica,

Yes, State Sponsorship is faster than the Family Sponsored 176. Besides, with the current scenario, State Sponsorship 176 is also safer way. Yes, you can lodge your application and then include the State Sponsorship after obtaining their approval, at a later date.

If you go by Family sponsorship, you do not have to stay in the same state, you can live anywhere you like. However, if you decide to go by State Sponsorship, you will have to live in that particular state for a period of 2 years regardless of whether you get a job offer from another state. It is a moral obligation since the state is sponsoring you for you to work for their benefit,. Some states also do some checks and therefore it has now become a kind of a necessity to live in the sponsoring state for 2 years. If however, you cannot get a job in the sponsoring state, you can intimate them accordingly and prove your statement, they do usually let you move.

Dear Ozzieland,

My problem is getting a job in SA, my agent is very much keen to get a 176 to SA but given the job demand it is so problematic on getting an IT (programming) job there. Worse case If I'm unable to find a job while on 176 visa is it possible to talk to the state and get an excuse for that?

Archived