Accountant needed

Purple Princess

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could recommend a good accountant on the Gold Coast. OH is a contractor and we will need to complete a tax return shortly and don't know where to start!!!:no:

In the UK, I used to complete his Tax and VAT returns, however, I haven't got a clue on what can and can't be claimed over here, so I've just kept all of his receipts.

I'm currently studying Accountancy at Griffith Uni, but only in my first year, so haven't done any courses on accountancy yet..LOL

Any recommendation would be appreciated

Steph

xxxx

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could recommend a good accountant on the Gold Coast. OH is a contractor and we will need to complete a tax return shortly and don't know where to start!!!:no:

In the UK, I used to complete his Tax and VAT returns, however, I haven't got a clue on what can and can't be claimed over here, so I've just kept all of his receipts.

I'm currently studying Accountancy at Griffith Uni, but only in my first year, so haven't done any courses on accountancy yet..LOL

Steph

xxxx

Hi Steph

we use Ban Tacs ( wish we really could 'Ban Tax' !!) and found them to be great, they have offices all over and I believe there's one on the GC.

Their website is full of useful info and even has a forum! (bantacs.com.au)

Hope this helps

Sue x

Guest guest33730
Hi,

Steph

xxxx

Hey Steph,

We are using Alan Collett of 'Go Matilda' as he is one of only a handful of accountants who are registered in the UK and Australia. We will have income from both countries so he is perfect for us and is often found giving advice on PIO and getting visa's for people (like me) with the other side of his business.

I don't think it matters these days with technology where your accountant is based as long as you trust them.

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I thought of Alan, but wasn't sure if he would be able to help as we don't need migration advice, we are here on a student visa, so just need help with OH's tax until I know what I'm doing!!!:biggrin:

Managed to do his GST as it was really straight forward, but income tax looks more complicated (or it could be that I'm blonde....)

Steph

xxxx

Guest guest33730
Hi Daniel,

I thought of Alan, but wasn't sure if he would be able to help as we don't need migration advice, we are here on a student visa, so just need help with OH's tax until I know what I'm doing!!!:biggrin:

Managed to do his GST as it was really straight forward, but income tax looks more complicated (or it could be that I'm blonde....)

Steph

xxxx

Alan is in the UK at the moment and I had the pleasure of meeting him last week (my 1st PIO meet up) - He is a true gent and was able to help with some really complicated matters. I have been living in Scotland but I sent all my paper work to his Southampton office to finish my 2009/10 accounts - next year I will do the same but send everything to his office in Geelong, everything after that is tidied up by email/phone. Please don't tell him this but his quote for filing my returns in both countries was less than I have been paying in the UK for just one in previous years.

Daniel

Guest guest33730
Your secret is safe with me!!!:biglaugh:

I'll contact him when he's back over here and have a chat.. Thanks for the advice.

Steph

xxxx

PS When do you arrive???

Steph

We arrive next Tuesday in Sydney and then head over to Adelaide a week later - can't wait!!

Daniel

p.s. Alan flies back next week

Daniel,

Can't say you'll love it here as it appears everyone wants to go back to the UK, but we love it!! The only downside for us is not having PR we have to leave it in the hands of the government.....

Luckily, I'm not someone who worries about what I can't control, what will be, will be.

How did your son go on with his exam??

Steph

xxxx

Guest guest33730
Daniel,

How did your son go on with his exam??

Steph

xxxx

Steph,

Thanks for asking - He found it hard but we reckon he has easily done enough overall to get himself into Adelaide Uni - we get the results in August just in time to apply for the February '11 intake.

As to us loving Aus - we have lived away from our families for the past 25 years and therefore that side of things won't be an issue. We have visited Aus many times and are moving out to some very close friends and have other friends joining us over the next few years. We have a great job to go to and good people looking after our Uk business. We will also be visiting UK once or twice a year. so my guess is .................... we will be fed up in a few months and be returning next year LOLxx

Daniel

Archived