Help: Where to live in Adelaide

Guest Nige

Hi All,

I have just received my 175, well in March and now seriously looking to move Adelaide is our preffered choice. What I would love to know and REALLY appreciate is if anyone can suggest suburbs, etc and any websites to view recommened Adelaide areas.

I have a wife and three year old daughter we are looking at possibly moving in January 11' we originally thought September 2011 but are edging sooner rather than later.

Any websites for accomodation, air fares, transit, etc, etc would also be brilliant. When other people came over for the first time where did they stay - furnished apartments, etc. Any websites with regard to job opportunities would also be great especially IT ones.

As I say ANY help would be SO sppreciated.

Cheers

Nige

Guest Guest9973

Hi Nige in our sister forum there is loads of info /discussion and even arguments about Adelaide suburbs.

Have a good search around the older posts for lots of info.

Don't narrow it down too much until you arrive though.

You may have to live near your work or good schools.

Adelaide is quite spread out with many diverse suburbs - worth having a good drive around.:biggrin:

• 1 month later...
Guest bristow1

Hi nige i have just recently moved to adelaide & love it.

Firstly when you book your flights/ check in make sure you tell them you are emigrating & have you permenant visa as most airlines will give you extra baggage allowance. To check out flight prices and accomidation ect www.netflights.com they will araange absolutely everyting and advice you on hotels, places to stay ect and taxis . There are hundreds of job search websites if you type it into google it will just bring up lists to go through.

Me and my husband have moved to a place called aldinga beach, right on the coast line, very quiet, picture perfect and very child friendly & mainly english living here lol.

Hope this is some help x x x

• 1 month later...

Hi nige

We moved over from nz last year (we are in adelaide but moving to qld next yr) we stayed in a furnished apartment between glenelg and cbd called midway? they have a web site, think the prices have gone up now but it was ok there to start out,not ultra flash but everything you need and right next door to a good coles kmart etc we like the southern suburbs,there seems to be almost everything you need down here without having to go to the city, i think Aberfoyle park and nearby areas lovely but thats just personal pref. good shopping centres etc the odd koala or roo not far too.

the suburb bristow1 mention aldinga beach some of my family have just moved to and they seem to love it!

we lived in the western suburbs before heading south, west lakes and henley etc are lovely nice beaches too but they are alot more $. we found it cheaper south.

comes down to what you like.when we first got here we found adelaide to be not too bad to find your way around in.

Good luck with your move

Archived