Do we need to take birth certs etc if only going for 12months?

chico

Hi all,

Just a quick query.

We're leaving for Oz tomorrow but only plan on staying for 12 months, would it be wise to take all our birth certs, marriage certs etc or leave them behind & take photocopies???

Not sure whether we would need them or if passports, drivers licence would suffice. Just worried about losing certificates especially if its not necessary to take them.

Any advice gratefully received.

Many thanks

Ellie xxx icon7.gif

If it was me I would take them, you never know when you might need them. But saying that my missus opened a bank account when we were ther 18 months ago (she is english) and she just used her passport and uk license. Its really up to you I guess. If you loose it then its only £9 to replace.

Thankyou for the reply, I was thinking the same, just photocopied them all to leave at home (just in case) & put the originals in the file to go.

Think I'm getting the last minute jitters worrying about everything!!

Ellie xx

not to get you worried but I was only coming to the Uk for 22 monts.... that was back in feb06, I'm glad I bought all birth certs etc with me as in Nov last year i had to renew my ancestery visa here and get married in 2 weeks here so have needed my stuff from home. Just keep ebverything important like that in a display folder or something (thats where all my certs etc are) so it makes it a bit harder to misplace. Good luck in Aus and have fun, I'm hoping to be home with my new wife by mid Sept this year.

Archived