Coomera Anglican, Saint Stephens or A B Paterson College?

Emma2

Hi All

We are a family of 5 hoping to be in the Gold Coast by November. My OH has secured a job in Coomera so have been looking at schools around this area. I have narrowed it to 3 at the moment Coomera Anglican College, Saint Stephens and A B Paterson.

I was just wondering if anyone had kids who go to these schools or who knows anything about them.

All three schools have said that there is a good chance of places for my eldest two kids in Jan 2011 but that the youngest, who would be due to start Prep, would have to go on a wait list. This is not too much of a problem as he could attend a local primary until a place becomes available.

My son, who is 11, is very academic. His only worry about moving is that his education doesn't suffer! Because he is born in August he will probably have to drop back a year to be with children his own age (he is currently in year 7 in the uk). I think that I would rather he did this than go into year 8 because he is not very tall and might find it a bit intimidating in a class with older kids. My daughter is very into her music/drama/dancing and so I would like the school to have a good performing arts program.

Any help with info on any of these schools, good or bad, would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Emma

Guest lisaallen67

Hi,

We have our daughter in at AB Paterson for prep in 2011, although we put her name down years ago. It has a really good reputation and we were really impressed at the open day. Don't know anything about the others but am sure they are good too. You will just need to contact AB Paterson about enrolment. They were very helpful to me as I enrolled my daughter while we were still in the UK. If you need other info just ask.

Lisa x

Hi Lisa

Thanks that's good to hear. A B paterson is my first choice, I have been in contact with Merilyn at A B and she has been so helpful. Unfortunately they only have a place for one of my children but she has said that places for the other two might come up so to keep in touch. I hope your daughter gets on well when she starts in January.

Emma x

Guest deb31deb

my two daughters age 6 and 10 go to A B paterson .i recommend it highly what a fantastic school ! great performing arts for my eldest daughter .

• 1 month later...

Moved all of my children from AB, junior school was fine senior school disaster. My son was bullied and all my eldest childs friends have left to go to other schools. High staff turnover . Good for performing arts and good for extension, if you are expecting this school to be anything like a private school in the UK you are in for a shock.

Moved all of my children from AB, junior school was fine senior school disaster. My son was bullied and all my eldest childs friends have left to go to other schools. High staff turnover . Good for performing arts and good for extension, if you are expecting this school to be anything like a private school in the UK you are in for a shock.

Hi nevsm

That's interesting to hear. I know it's hard but could you expand on this at all? Do you think that it was just not the right school for your son or just a bad school generally? I have only heard good things so far so it's good to get a balanced view. What do you think are the main problems at A B and is bullying a bad problem? Also, you say that it is not like a private school in the uk, in what way? Sorry so many questions but getting the right school is so important and asking people who have experience of the schools seems to be the best way to find out.

Thanks

Emma

Archived