Import Permit for pets- address to use?!

Guest ericlay21

Guest ericlay21

]Hi everyone :)

We are in the process of organising our import permits for taking our 2 cats to Perth in November.

Does anyone know about the Consignee and what they actually have to do?? Iv.e been told that I need an address and a contact number for someone there that goes on the permit?

We dont really know anyone there and dont have an address yet there?

Any ideas or advice on what we can do??

Do they actually phone the person and what do they need to do?!

Any advice please I would really appreciate it!!

thanks

Erika

Guest ericlay21

Another question for anyone with cats in Perth?!

I have heard about these cat curfews when cats need to be indoors?!

Do those exist in Perth does anyone know???

Many thanks

Guest tashii27

In certain 'shires' in Perth they might exist but in my area and I think probably the majority of Perth, there isnt a curfew for cats. My cat at home used to love going outdoors and she would be out all night sometimes, same with my friends' cats without an issue.

Although I know there IS now a law (including where I live) that owners are not allowed to let their cats wander onto private property without the consent of the owner (neighbour for example). the reason for this being that there have been a few complaints about cats urinating in peoples' gardens and things. ive never known anyone to have a problem with this though. You also need a permit if you want to have more than 2 cats and these permit holders DO have a curfew (9pm-6pm) They also have to have a collar with their name, and your name and address. This is compulsory.

Here is a link to my local area government (my house in Perth is North of River) and their rules-obviously they differ to other areas, if you know where you are moving to you can then look it up for your area :)

http://www.cityofswan.com/docs/documents/1761/10720093041.pdf

Guest ericlay21

Thanks so much for your reply Tashii27! I guess we will have to hope for nice non-cat-hating neighbours!!! I know that properties are bigger in Aus but my 2 cats are always in other peoples gardens over here!!

Anyone got any ideas on the address for import permit? :)

Archived