Quarentine inspection fee

Hi all

Just a quick question for those of you out there who shipped over a few boxes by sea freight.

Did any of you have to pay the Quarantine inspection fee!!!

I just received a letter from the company who is handling my good when they arrive in Sydney telling me I must pay the Quarantine inspection fee.

I was under the impression that not all shipments had to pay the Quarantine inspection fee, that what I got from my shipping company in the UK.

I have being screw over by my shipping company and this is now the nail in the coffin and I still don't have my goods yet.

I have being feed nothing but lies from the shipping company. I will not get into it as it will just make my blood boil..

D

thanks for the reply.. I was going to complain but I know I was told that there may be a chance I would have to pay the fee not YOU have to pay the fee ..

I probably wouldnt have minded only for the fact my shipping company lied to me which meant my 17 boxes will have taken over 4 months to arrive and that only if they arrive on the date they told me!!!!

Out of interest how long did yours take..

Thanks again!

Guest Hearne_Family

Ours have taken about 7 weeks, in quarantine now, hoping to get them by mid week!

Guest cosmicsis

Hey that's bad. Did they tell you what items were to be inspected more thoroughly?- anything that you have taken that you would advise others not to bother with? cheers Claire

We only shipped 4 boxes over (using Voovit) and didn't need a quarantine inspection... we dealt with the paperwork etc ourselves.

When I went to get customs/quarantine clearance, the quarantine guy looked over our packing list and because we had a wind chime on there (which I thought might have been bamboo), he said we'd have to get it checked as it's a high risk material... so that would have cost $110 roughly just for someone to take a look at it! Anyway, soon after leaving I spoke to my wife and she reminded me that it was a small chime made of metal and glass... I was kicking myself at this point! Went back down to the customs/quarantine office again and explained to the guy, and luckily he was sympathetic and cancelled the inspection, plus refunded most of my money... phew!

My boxes have not arrived yet still waiting its due on the 6th of June add another 2 weeks Quarentine time. I wish I sent my winter clothes now as its now cold and wet here in Sydney.

I packed 17 boxes my Items which cost me 650 pounds i shipped over everything so I would not have to buy anything I already had owed. I am sure there is probably lots of items I dont need I will update at a later stage.

Guest graham and niki

could you all advise which shipping companies where good and which bad- about to organise getting about 25 boxes over- is it cheaper to share a container?

25 is alot of boxes my 17 came to 80 cubic squared feet. So do the maths. My 17 plus insurance for the value of 4000 pounds came to 670 pounds.. Plus the added cost of Quarantine inspection fee 160 dollars...

I would shop around but I would be asking how long is my goods are going to be sitting in there depo until they have filled a container.

Read my previous messages above and you will see I got told a load of porkies..

Guest soon2move

We have used Crown relo - they are ok. To be honest we got a dud coordinator in the UK end but this end they seem efficient. We have shipped over just over half a container and from the moment we requested it i.e. they take it from storage, it will have been almost 14 weeks. We weren't told that when we put it into storage.

We sent a suitcase by cargo and we had to pay fees to get through customs etc. They waived the quarantine fee because it was just clothes but they can request it to be paid for other things.

Archived