Visa's Aaaarrrgghhh !!

graeme78

Just on for a little rant and to see if anyone has been or is in the same position !!!

I have replied to a couple of job adverts in my field and 2 in particular have came back very interested and are also willing to sponsor me ..... only problem is they want me there as soon as possible which means the ENS or RSMS Visa's are no use as they take too long to process !!

Even the 457 is going to take a little longer than one of them wants to wait, hew is looking to have me out in 4 - 6 weeks :eek:

Anyone in the same boat ???

Just on for a little rant and to see if anyone has been or is in the same position !!!

I have replied to a couple of job adverts in my field and 2 in particular have came back very interested and are also willing to sponsor me ..... only problem is they want me there as soon as possible which means the ENS or RSMS Visa's are no use as they take too long to process !!

Even the 457 is going to take a little longer than one of them wants to wait, hew is looking to have me out in 4 - 6 weeks :eek:

Anyone in the same boat ???

Not in the same boat but I do work with a guy whos 457 visa took 3 weeks to the day from when it was lodged. It took his company in Sydney about the same time to get all their stuff together and for him to do the paperwork.

Guest mark&robyn

Yep, I'm in the same boat.

I have got a ENS PR & 457 in, they are very keen for me to start. Originally, applied for ENS PR but were told that it could take up to 7 months so the department advised the company to go down the 457 route for a quick start!!

My timeline:

21.4.10 - Sponsorship & Nomination Submitted

29.4.10 - Sponsorship Approved

29.4.10 - Further information requested for nomination from Employer

29.4.10 - Further information emailed

9.5.10 - E457 submitted - Meds & PCC done from 175 application already in.

It seems to be taking a while for the nomination to be looked at.

Just wish things would start moving! Good luck with whatever you do!

Archived