Vetassess questions

chriscici

Hi there could someone please help me,

im currently filling in the application form for carpentry and going to certify my certificates today, do i need letter references from previous employers for this to prove work evidence or is the evidence write on the app form enough as im self employed and have been for years and the company i worked for are no longer... also how strict are they with this evidence almost all my experience is 2nd fixin and kitchen fitting, but have all my certifacates to nvq level 3 carpentry and joinery.

Thanks Chris :dull:

Guest Andy

im currently filling in the application form for carpentry and going to certify my certificates today, do i need letter references from previous employers for this to prove work evidence or is the evidence write on the app form enough as im self employed and have been for years and the company i worked for are no longer... also how strict are they with this evidence almost all my experience is 2nd fixin and kitchen fitting, but have all my certifacates to nvq level 3 carpentry and joinery.

Hi Chris,

Just bumping your thread mate,

I done my vetasses a couple of years ago ( bricklaying ) and i am pretty sure i gathered as much information as possible, if you can get reference letters then thats all good but also photographic evidence goes down well!

Cheers for the reply Andy, i think i'll gather my cis4 vouchers, some work i've had signed of as complete by site managers and maybe some photos and write a letter explaining my work experience and backround, do you think this will be enough?

Cheers

Guest Hughescl

Hi Chris

We have just passed the paperbased assessment for carpentry and have the practical on 1st June. Get as much as you can as you will need to be a Cat1 or CAT2 to sit the practical. We obtained references from 5 previous contractors as my OH is self employed and did a stat declaration. I would also put in any photo's and sign offs that you have done as aprt of your role, also they like to know what tools etc you have used. Do you have an agent? our agent gave us templates for everything so it was just filling in the blanks with the erxperience etc and proving that OH was a qualified carpenter and seems to have done the trick. They also like details of any apprenticeship you have done. Let me know if you need anything further Claire

Hi

we were also worried about getting all the paperwork correct when applying to vetasses-Husband a carpenter. see below an email sent by vetasses when we asked the question about how much references etc were needed.

Thank you for your email. The information you are providing seem sufficient. As for the work experience; as long as you can provide evidence for recent 5years of work experience, it will be sufficient.

Please ensure you send us certified copies of all your evidence documents.

By Certify we mean take copies of your original work reference documents and certificates and get them certified as "True copies of original" from an authorised person like a government or Public servant like a policeman, Teacher, lawyer, Solicitor, Pharmacist, Accountant etc.... The same applies to the back of the photograph where they can write "In true likeness of Mr ----" and sign.

Please ensure that you send us the name, designation, and contact details of the certifier.

For any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Skills Recognition Support Services

VETASSESS

Level 4, 478 Albert Street

East Melbourne 3002

Victoria Australia

Tel +61 3 9655 4801

Fax +61 3 9655 4899

Hope this helps, my husband takes his practical next Tuesday.

Good Luck

Veronica & Neil

Hi Chris, im a plumber and i found through lots of good advice of here that if you cant get old employers/firms to write letters stating what and where you worked did, then if you can you need to get some letters from customers, get them to explain what you did for them and if you can get lots of photos showing the different work you have done as a chippy and collate this evidence with written statements saynig that you do this or have done that.

All certificates should be copied and signed by a solitor etc and gather as much evidence of what you do and are, put in your buissness letterheads, copies of buisness statements etc.

The more you can supply to prove to VETASSESS the more better the chance of getting through the paper Assessment.

Hope this has helped.

Cheers Nick

Archived