Confused ... Where to start ??

Guest Ste and Cheryl

Guest Ste and Cheryl

Oh my ... Taken our staffordshire bull terrior Missy to the vets today for her jabs and advised our vet we are planning on moving to Australia in the next 3-6 months. He gave me a website to look at , Defra. I've just had a quick look now and feel absolutely and completely bombared with information not to mention confused !! :arghh:

Is the process really as hard as it looks?

Any information or sites would be very much appreciated as I don't even know where to start :unsure:

x

Guest shie6523

Hi,

I'm looking into taking my staffy who is 4 years old to Sydney this year.

I know what you mean about the DEFRA website. I read through the AQIS website and found it to be a little clearer and easy to understand.

My advice is to use a company called Golden Arrows shippers - they'll take care of everything. I'm using them to get my staffy over. Approx. cost is £2000.

Give them a ring - the guy who I spoke to on the phone was really helpful.

Darren.

Guest dawnpepper

Yes, we used Golden Arrow to bring our 2 dalmatians over. They gave us all the information we needed and our vet used to communicate with them directly. they did a fabulous job and our dogs are loving it here. Money well spent we considered.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest alimadge
Yes, we used Golden Arrow to bring our 2 dalmatians over. They gave us all the information we needed and our vet used to communicate with them directly. they did a fabulous job and our dogs are loving it here. Money well spent we considered.

Can I ask how much it cost you for the two dogs. I am bringing a golden retriever over next month and am getting quotes. Also did they pick the dogs up from your home?.

Many thanks

Alison

Hi we used petair.uk and they took care of every thing , all the paperwork etc, as we lived fairly close we took our two lab x ret to them for their bloods etc, also on the day of their flights we dropped them of there, and then they took them to the airport, we opted for their gold service, which cost for the two of them (who are fairly large) just over £5k, quarantine bill has just arrived and is in the region of just over 2k aud, they are due home to us this friday, and we can't wait, also we have a dog walker who goes in twice a week who charges 50.00 a week and sends us photos by email which we thought was a nice gesture, hope this helps x

Guest alimadge

Thanks for that, I have just the one golden retriever and have been quoted £3,895 for the gold service, seems its cheaper when you take two. That was with the same company as you.

Guest dawnpepper
Can I ask how much it cost you for the two dogs. I am bringing a golden retriever over next month and am getting quotes. Also did they pick the dogs up from your home?.

Many thanks

Alison

Hi, we paid about £3300 to bring the two dogs over with Golden Arrow and then a further $2500 to release them from quarantine in Byford where they had spent 30 nights. It wasn't cheap by any means and if we had our time over again? Then we would pay again to bring them. They are as much as part of our family as our daughter and it was lovely to see how excited they were when we went to pick them up for the final time. Never seen them jump in the car so quick. Hope this helps,

Dawn.

Guest dawnpepper

sorry I forgot to mention, yes they will collect them from your home but we chose to take them instead to Shropshire where they are based.

Guest SkyeMove2Melb

I consider myself to be quite savy when it comes for forms and procedures, however there is no way that I could have organised our cats relocation to Melbourne.

I used Whitehouse Kennels and Cattery, Lympsham Somerset. - speak to Christine (She was wonderful)...

It cost us 1600GBP for 2 cats (crates, paperwork, gov vet check, customs seal, flights etc) and will be paying $1800AUD for quarantine...

My cats arrived a little over a week ago and all is well... Now just the wait for them to get out..

Hope this helps you!

Guest dunkyboy

we are using Golden Arrow to ship our Flat Coat Retreiver (Missy) I got around 6 quotes from various companies and found them to be cheapest at £2700, and also highly recommended, I will have to drive down to Shropshire from Scotland to drop her off but the fact that it will save me around £1000 compared to getting her shipped direct from Scotland makes it worth it :cool:

We are also using Golden Arrow to fly our two cats over next Thursday.

The people I've spoken to at Golden Arrow were always the friendliest, which we felt was important. As it happens, they were also among the cheapest.

Guest alimadge
we are using Golden Arrow to ship our Flat Coat Retreiver (Missy) I got around 6 quotes from various companies and found them to be cheapest at £2700, and also highly recommended, I will have to drive down to Shropshire from Scotland to drop her off but the fact that it will save me around £1000 compared to getting her shipped direct from Scotland makes it worth it :cool:

We had a quote from Golden Arrow for our Golden Retriever for £2800, so we are using them as well. They will pick him up from our home in South Wales for £160 so we are taking advantage of that. Our first quote from another company was £3900, and the only extra they offered was to come to the house to take blood tests, that didnt include picking him up from the house.

Guest lisaallen67

Hi all,

We brought our two cats over with golden arrow. It was great from start to finish. They collected them from our house, organised all of the paperwork and vet checks. It went so smoothly and was one less thing for us to worry about. Good luck. Lisa

Archived