which ute ?

Guest drew&pud

Guest drew&pud

Hi all

I fancy getting a ute when we get to Oz but can't decide, Falcon or commodore?, I've been a Ford man before but are they different in Oz?

Also is it worth going the whole hog and getting a V8 ?

Let me know any views.

drew&pud

p.s I used to do a bit of greenlaning/off road motorcycling and want to get another, are there many good places to ride near brisbane?

Cant help you on the ute front as hubby swears by holden rodeo's .Green laning/ off roading is unfortunately pretty similar to uk in everyone moans and theres not many places to go.They are on about opening somewere as loads of people have bikes and are now riding them on their land peeing the neighbours off !!! or in the bush so the police now patrol areas known for bikers at weekends ,so unfortunately at the mo its same sh** different country !

Cal x

I have looked around at utes on the net how about the holden crewman? Seats 4-5 people 3.6 litre engine and probably about the same size as a mondeo estate. Something like this maybe a better bet if your doing 90 percent of your driving on the road. in Perth 2 years ago we had a ford terriority and it was a tight fit in multi story carparks.

Guest thekeg95
Hi all

I fancy getting a ute when we get to Oz but can't decide, Falcon or commodore?, I've been a Ford man before but are they different in Oz?

Also is it worth going the whole hog and getting a V8 ?

Let me know any views.

drew&pud

p.s I used to do a bit of greenlaning/off road motorcycling and want to get another, are there many good places to ride near brisbane?

Hi Drew

My money would go on a ford xr6 turbo ute:notworthy:

You'll kick the v8 to death and resale will stay higher

STEVE

Guest Arran&Bev

hi

You might find a 3.2 or3.6 engine expensive to run as the price of fuel is likly to get more expensive and you will soon find you clock up the km and the more valves you have the more the rego costs dont mean to sound boring tust trying to help has i got a holden rodeo 3.2 its 5 years old and i find it drinks fuel the good news is though insurance seems a hell of a lot cheaper im 28 and it came to just under 700$ for the year best of luck

arran

Archived